Discuss Earth Rod Connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

WallaceP

-
Arms
Reaction score
ok, so stupid question. its been a while since i have used any earth rods, and the first time since i was an apprentice that its for a tt system and not an earth ref for a generator. So iv got my rods in, and im going to connect it up but i have split the connector, two of them in-fact, i wouldnt say i over tightened it as the earth wire wasn't secure yet. I must be doing something wrong but im not sure what. does anyone have any advice. The original clamps i broke were like the attached photo, i am going to get the u bolt style next time to save what is left of my pride :(

Thanks

BGE_ERTC5_8_1.jpg

That's a G clamp if you've broke two of them in a row it could be a manufacturer defect. I would recommend manufacturer Furse either a GUV clamp or B clamp. The latter will require you to crimp a lug onto the cable.

Thanks, I am going to come back and fit a b clamp and put an earth pit in next time i'm round. Should there not be a notice on the clamp saying 'safety connection do not remove'? I was thinking of stealing one from a pipe clamp and cable tying it to it.

Reply to Earth Rod Connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all I am looking for some advice as on what to with the suppliers earth after a conversion to a TT system. Current issue is earthing...
Replies
Views
Hi, plumber here so please be gentle (or take the p-ss ;) ), I am supposed to be installing a UV water steriliser for a customer. I have some...
Replies
Views
Hello, 1st time post from an amateur. I have some old Habitat decorative lights that are powered by a transformer. There seems to be a break in...
Replies
Views
Hello All I was pondering an idea recently regarding the ground connection to my property. At present it has a combined Neutral to earth at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock