Search the forum,

Discuss Elec certs reqd? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm doing 2395. Question is...I've put an extension onto own house (20 yrs old). All complete new circuits to extension. Some new circuits to existing house. Some circuits altered, moved, added to (not one joint boxed used). New 3 way split board installed 2 x RCD's RCBO's MCB's.
Re certs reqd? 1 x Electrical Installation Certificate for total amount work carried out.
1 x Minor Electrical installation for moving , adding to circuits.
2 x Schedule of inspections ( 1 x for new work in house 1 x for new extension)
Schedule of results? could I fill in one form to cover ALL circuits in new consumer-unit?

Also, would be it sensible to submit a EICR also to the LBC @ the same time. Do I require several certs to be completed for different parts of work carried out? Your thoughts appreciated.

i would complete an EIC. if your extension build was subject to building control, then just submit a copy of your cert. to BC. or , if you are in a scam, notify in the usual way.

i would complete an EIC. if your extension build was subject to building control, then just submit a copy of your cert. to BC. or , if you are in a scam, notify in the usual way.
Thanks for reply. So I could just fill in an EIC ( form 1) as I'm the designer, installer,tester. No other certs reqd then to back up details?

you only need to certify the work you have done. on the schedule of tests, for existing circuits, just enter "existing" in the circuit description box. it's entirely up to you whether you obtain/enter readings for existing circuits, unless you've altered them by extending.

If you have only the one consumer unit that covers the house and the extension then you would complete an electrical installation certificate with the associated schedule of inspections and schedule of test results.
As Tel says only the circuits modified would need inspection, the existing circuits need to be safe to reconnect to the new consumer unit, so may have needed testing and inspection for this purpose but not as detailed as for initial verification.
If you have test results, inspections then write them in.
Specify in the description and extent what you have done (briefly) to explain which circuits have been extended and which have not.

If you have two consumer units then one EIC, SofTR, SofI for each.

Thanks Richard , Teletrix......All Crystal clear now. Yes one by new consumer -unit (24 circuits).Yes I've tested ALL the circuits both new and existing. I will enter all details results as Richard suggested.

Reply to Elec certs reqd? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back