Currently reading:
end of line diode/resistor for fire alarm system

Discuss end of line diode/resistor for fire alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi ab, a conventional fire alarm will use diode bases on the detectors with a EOL resistor or capacitor on the final detector unless its an addressable system, I guess from your question you will not know how to test the system after re-connecting it so it would be best IMO to get a qualified person in to check and test the system for you as they will know what parts are required and be compatable to the system.
Afterall it is a safety sytem to protect life and not to be touched by un-trained people for that reason, not the answer you were after i know but hope that helps.

If you look on the detectors it should say what manufacturer they are for instance mnevier 700 series,take it along to your local wholesalers who may well have a compatible base,as already said make note of what type of panel is feeding this system.

Each fire alarm manufacture have their own elo devices..can you confirm make of fire panel and devices you are using...?

hi tazz
don't think i was that clear in my post last night, yes its the eolm-1 that are fitted at the last detector/device its a 4200 series fire panel. already been to my wholesaler and you can't get them on there own plus looked on internet.

it's the panel determines the eol not the devices..........ive heard of an addressible 4200 made by advanced but not aware of a conventional.if you have a second zone disconnect that and you can read the eol from that one

Reply to end of line diode/resistor for fire alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock