Discuss Finance Leasing a Van.... anyone do this? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening chaps..

Been looking for a while now at getting a bigger van.

Have always brought it outright before, credit card @ 0% pay back each month plus chunks along the way.

But now am thinking about going along the finance leasing route on a brand new one:

deposit down (px from existing van)
set monthly payment
ballon at end of term (trade in after 3-4 years, new one again)

Any thoughts please, small print I shouldnt miss?

Many Thanks

Sy....

can't help you there all my vehicles have been over 10 yrs old. run till they drop. only newish van i had was 2 years old, spent more time in dealers mbeing repaired than on the road

Any accountant will tell you to buy outright if you can. However if this is not possible then talk to one and get the best advice from a tax point of view.

Cheers.......Howard

Hi..

I leased cars for my personal use for about ten years before the ar*e fell out the market.

just some pointers

• know what your annual mileage will be and look for a contract to suit.

• When comparing contracts, compare the ENTIRE cost of the contract over the full term, including deposits and admin charges. Dont get tricked by low monthly payments alone.
  • Factor in the excess mileage charges, just in case you go over.
  • Factor in servicing costs. You will HAVE to service it to schedule, AND normally at main dealer.
  • Search the internet for identical vehicles/contracts until you find the lowest. This will be the "core" deal. The more expensive ones will simply be brokers adding on a commission to the base deal.
  • Look for the "specials" that are advertised. They will probably be from a main dealer wanting to move some stock for retrospective discoutns from the manufacturer.

i have allways leased my vans, mostly due to lack of finances to get me started and i had a contract that meant we did 30k a year, used vans did not work out viable so i leased 3x new ones, i pay £170 inc vat for a small Fiat Doblo, took it on a 3 year deal so sold at around 90k 3 years old.

Reply to Finance Leasing a Van.... anyone do this? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net