Discuss Van Rental and Using "hidden" Bio diesel (sold under different name) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have seen on van rental websites that there is a new 70/30 blend of bio diesel being sold on some supermarket petrol stations, this is not named as bio diesel at the filling station, the rental company website states that if you use it, it invalidates the manufacturers warranty on the vehicle engine and gearbox, due to having a different octane level and viscosity(thickness) from standard diesel, and basically if anything goes wrong with the van at all, you are buying a new one.....they also bill for a flush out if they find it in the tank, right off of your credit/debit card.....so watch out there...

When you fill up a rental with standard diesel, keep your till receipts so that if somebody else before or after you fills up with the wrong stuff, you can prove your way out of a hefty bill....

just a heads up, watch what you fill up with, especailly on weekly rental or long term lease vehicles...

Have you any direct links to the Van rental Bio Diesel statements.

It's extemely unlikey any petrol retailer, especially Supermarkets, would sell a product without declaring it's true identity.

It's more likely to be scaremongering by Vehicle rental companies.

I seem to remember reading all road fuel in the UK has by law to have a minimum of 5% of Bio fuel in it's content and in some countries in Europe it's 10%. I think some supermarkets use higher than the 5% which is why the cost of fuel is lower than the mainstream filling stations

So it could be difficult to buy fuel with no Bio fuel content

Reply to Van Rental and Using "hidden" Bio diesel (sold under different name) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock