Currently reading:
fire exit sign

Discuss fire exit sign in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Theproblem I have with such a method, is that would not show whether the Luxlevels are sufficient. Only by interupting the normal supply could that beassessed.

Yeah see what you’re saying.

In an ideal world lux levels should be checked once, when the system is installed and following any alterations to the system or building.

It is not recommend by BS5266 to check lux levels on the routine service & maintenance intervals.

Last edited by a moderator:

In an ideal world lux levels should be checked once, when the system is installed and following any alterations to the system or building.

It is not recommend by BS5266 to check lux levels on the routine service & maintenance intervals.

Self testing units are the wayforward and full discharge tests as programmed in when available to the client

Yer I agree guv.

Problem I find tho, people think self testing, self fixing and the systems turs to rat poo.

Definately, but some of the new self test units if they fail instead of a red led you get a nice annoying buzz, as opposed if it is attached to BMS where people would have proper systems in place and if people are incompetent and ignore this things let the world come down on them when the stuff hits the fan.

I wouldn't be happy using a standard that doesn't require lux levels to be checked periodically.
Lux levels do change, over time.
Lamps get dimmer, diffusers get dirty, some diffusers become less translucent over time even changes in the decor can affect Lux levels.

Spin is correct IMHO Lux levels should be checked periodically.
However, not on every test.
Also I am of the opinion that it is NOT acceptable to use the MCB to test the EM lights especially for a full 3hr discharge test as all lights on that circuit would then not function for the full 3 hrs after the test until fully recharged, this would take a while.
So, in the vent of a REAL issue just after testing none of your EM's would work, now, IMHO anyone leaving an install in that state is incompetent.
Also, to install and commission en emergency light you must be in possession of the relevant sections of 5266 & complete the forms etc.

I may have missed this but was/is there a light on the other side of the exit if not then you need one, also if it has not been prviouslydesignated an escape route you may well find you have to illuminate it all the way to the assembly area,
Pict

According to my view, An exit sign is a device in a public facility (such as a building, aircraft or boat) denoting the location of the emergency exit, guiding people to the closest exit in case of fire or other emergency. Please produce some more attachments about the topic for view detail information.

self luminous exit signs

The FIRE exit sign is an public facility in the places such as buildings, air crafts or a boat. These are designed to choose the people the closest exit for the sake of safety. These are represented by the language or through a pictograph. The both are used according to the religions, English is the international and well known language through out the world where as the representation of the pictographs for various purposes such as for car parking, signals of traffic and and also in emergency signs, both best serves the purpose. Pleas produce some attachment links about the latest models of these fire exit signs.

fire exit signs

Instead of using simple lighting you should use led lights for the sign. The benefit of using Led light is that these are reliable and also have all type of colors and shapes. Fire sign should be lightened so every can see it easily either in day or night.

Instead of using simple lighting you should use led lights for the sign. The benefit of using Led light is that these are reliable and also have all type of colors and shapes. Fire sign should be lightened so every can see it easily either in day or night.

Any comment???????

Reply to fire exit sign in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back