Search the forum,

Discuss Fun at the IN-LAWS part 2!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Oll13

Hi again

With ref my previous posts about the nuisance tripping (every 20-60mins) which after testing appeared to be a wet JB under the decking outside (even though the finger was pointed at me after fitting a new power shower)

Well the electrics have been all been fine for at least 32 hours straight, and this morning they've tripped again! Great now they think it's still my fault and were moving out sat morning (can't wait!) and they're going away for a few days today and all I'm getting now is "But what if our freezers defrost whilst were away!" ...!!Aarrgghhh

Don't suppose anyone has any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks guys
Ollie

Thanks, checked that all ok bulb wise.

It seemed to happen when the central heating came on this am?

But tried it on off since and all fine. The electric has stayed on since 0700 (hour and half so far)

i had a problem like this before it tripped every time the central heating came on tho, it was then easy to find, it was the pump.
is it a conventional heating system with a seperate pump or a combi where its all built in?

Ah well that's worth checking out. It's an oil boiler with a pump. How do ou reccomemd I test it to determine if that's the fault?

Thanks

Ollie

disconnect pump. short L/N.IR test to casing or cpc on pump. be careful when IR testing boiler, could blow electronics same test as pump but only 250 v
L/N linked to E. try running installation with central heating isolated ( dis. both L and N )

Had a similar problem on a mates oil fired Stanley range recently tracked it down to the coil on the oil solenoid valve (low IR). He had been getting problems with this for about 12 months with the fault occurring more frequently over the last few months

Reply to Fun at the IN-LAWS part 2!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back