Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
A little late in the day for a “good morning”
First job today, old lady phoned last night and says one of her bedroom heaters isn’t working, and the switch has a hole in it!....
A hole?

That’ll be the hole.
Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) AE5AC946-2C97-41A6-A26E-9B07D46A4F35 - EletriciansForums.net

And the back of it isn’t much better...

Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) 38775B6B-D7D4-42AB-A20B-D401EA709043 - EletriciansForums.net

I guess the switches have been in just about as long as that carpet.

As promised, a bit of an update.

2391-52 all passed and finished with, so I’m chuffed to bits. ???

Well done. Do you know your scores?
[automerge]1574321724[/automerge]
Good morning.
6:15 this morning, door bell rings.
Out of bed, no one there. Up now, so may as well walk the dog.
Come back and find my mobile had rang at 6:11, then a text at 6:12.

My next door neighbour... who has had More floods than Noah, has water running through the heat detector in his kitchen. (now making strange loud noises)
Ball cock in toilet above burst apparently.

Took the detector down for him, and will return when he gets the ceiling repaired again.
Will just charge for a new detector at cost price.... not charging my time.

Last edited:
Well done. Do you know your scores?

Thanks, it was hard going, only 2 of us passed from 8. most ran out of time on the practical which then had a massive impact on their paperwork.

I scored 88.3% on the 2 hour 60 question exam, which i found harder than the homework papers and mocks we'd done. Pass mark was set at 75%.

I had 4 minors on my paperwork spread across the EIC & EICR, after a flawless test which i'm happy with. i was done testing in an hour and half and sweating bucket loads:sweatsmile:

needed 100% on the 4 short answers and visual inspection exams, which i achieved 2nd time round as had to resit a couple of my answers.

all in all, i'm happy with how i performed and can now see why so many people fail first time round.

Off to college so the missus' family will visit her, they hate me and yet have never met me...go figure.

After that try and get the bottom of which arse bandit hacked my Gmail/Facebook etc, secured it for now but I sense it's only a matter of time before it happens again. .

Nice quiet day for me. The wife is still in hospital after her hip replacement on Tuesday so at some point I'll have to go out and visit :confused: Daughter is over her boyfriends so it's just me and my son. We are off to a model show this morning (14 and just discovered trains!). Might fit the heated towel rail this afternoon that I've been threatening to fit for the last few years.

As promised, a bit of an update.

2391-52 all passed and finished with, so I’m chuffed to bits. ???
YAY Congratulations dude!!!! :D

Morning everybody. Dull here in stoke. Not as cold as it has been though.

I was just making a little farm yard for my grandson, but just had a call out to unblock drains at work ?
Oh no! Take the grandson he'll actually probably love to see that lol

@Moley where are you going to a model show? One of my neighbours has a stall at some of these fairs and he’s away just now doing one.
Like how you said model show, then said trains.... maybe a Victoria’s Secret show ??

Off to college so the missus' family will visit her, they hate me and yet have never met me...go figure.

After that try and get the bottom of which arse bandit hacked my Gmail/Facebook etc, secured it for now but I sense it's only a matter of time before it happens again. .
so get rid of grotmail and faceache.... problem solved.

@Moley where are you going to a model show? One of my neighbours has a stall at some of these fairs and he’s away just now doing one.
Like how you said model show, then said trains.... maybe a Victoria’s Secret show ??
It's a local one to me in Pontypridd. Personally I would prefer a different type of model but the wife won't allow me to bring them home ;) Bought the boy a 2nd hand Hornby class 47 diesel. I'm really surprised how the build quality has gone down hill since I was a kid :mad:

Morning folks. This working lark sucks. ?

So does retirement at times, morning Mate
Morning Pete, you could be right. I was planning on taking early retirement last year but chickened out of it as I would have been divorced by now ?

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock