Currently reading:
Hot Tub Installation

Discuss Hot Tub Installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nandrews87

Hi Folks

Quick question on installing a Hot Tub which is located to the rear of a house. To the best of my knowledge I will istall as follows,

1) Circuit protected by 50 Amp MCB/RCBO
2) Cable will be 6mm SWA, Live Earth and Neutral.
3) Isolater switch will be located near the hot tub in a waterproof enclosure.

Any other recommendations or advice from someone with more experience on such installations

Cheers

Hi Folks

Quick question on installing a Hot Tub which is located to the rear of a house. To the best of my knowledge I will istall as follows,

Any other recommendations or advice from someone with more experience on such installations

Cheers

50 amp mcb too large for 6mm cable. What's the flc ?

Hi Folks

Cheers

Check your
1/ Fuse rating
2/ Cable size, probably Ok
3/ Earth fault protection..... 415.1

Yeah ipf I agree, I have asked for the manufacturers instructions but still waiting on them. Anyway seems im right in the way i plan on doing it, just deciding on mcb size once I have the manufacturers instructions is all thats outstanding.

Cheers

The hot tub will contain a heater and filter as well.
What is the total demand of the unit?
And how come you came to the decision to use a 50A mcb ?
As i said earlier i would expect it to pull 20-30A unless its a huge 10 people unit

It'll be a dam big hot tub to require a 50A supply to it!! lol!!

Another thing is, that most of these hot tubs have integrated RCD protection within the control panel.
What is this hot tub going to be sitting on, decking or concrete patio/pad?? I hope they aren't intending to just sit it on bare ground/grass, now that would be a very big mistake on there part!!!

I've done a few hot tub installs and first thing I would suggest looking at is where it will be sited. Given the filled weight of a tub can be around 2 tonnes it is usual for a concrete base to be cast if this is the case get a duct installed in the base so the cable will exit the base close to the mains inlet

With regard to the load / size of MCB it depends on how many pumps the tub has most 40A supply tubs I've worked on run at about 20A - 25A with 3 pumps running and the heater on but due to the pump start up 40A is required if you want to run on a B type breaker

With regard to the siting "to the rear of the house" don't be caught out by this I did one that was a 40m run of cable under a large patio

Reply to Hot Tub Installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock