Search the forum,

Discuss Inspection and testing 2394 & 5 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

frank3323

ladies and Gents,,

can anybody tell me what the deal is with the 2391 replacement exams (2394 & 2395) and how it will or will not affect those of us who have 2391? i am currently a JIB gold card Approved Electrician, do we have to do these new exams to stay approved?

this may sound like a daft question but i am just confused as to why the 2391 has been changed, i always thought of it as a decent, hard passed exam that did wonders for seperating the chancers from the sparks......... are these new ones 'watered down' versions? but mainly do we have to do them?

cheers,

Frank.

2394 and 3395 are effectively the new name for 2391, if you have the 2391 you should not need to do the 2394 and 2395.
C&G are constantly changing things around (how would they make enough money otherwise) but the old qualifications still have the same validity as the new ones, the only caveat is if the regulations change significantly then you may need to be up with current regs, not the case at the moment.

Although I have not taken the new exams I do not believe that they have been watered down (this time) and I think in the future they will still be considered as significant qualifications.

2394 is for initial verification of installations (a bit like the 2392)
2395 is for the periodic inspection of existing installations (a bit like the 2391)

There is no beginners or experts, but you could learn about Electrical installation condition reports using the 2395 (that covers the differences from initial verification) and be able to do initial verification; but could always get hung up on some technicality somewhere.

thanks Richard, us guys abroad are just hearing about the new quals for inspection and dont have much spare time to learn how to fill in a condition report due to the hundreds of condition reports we are filling in :)...................

Does anyone know how tough the Inspection and testing would be for someone who is very good at the classroom stuff but only workshop practicle experience.
Im 4 months into a level 2 2365, which im racing through as im hitting the books pretty hard. I got 98% in my 17th edition exam the other day, which people told me I shouldnt do for another year or 2.
The same people now tell me I shouldnt even think about the Inspection & testing but this time im more more inclined to listen as its more practicle, longer, and generaly considered tough (and more expensive!)

It would be nice if the practical part of the 2391 or whatever number its now called could be assessed in a working factory or commercial situation

They make attempt to mimic types of situations you would find by using test rigs and such.but the comparison with real life is minimal

I for one would not expect someone with only workshop training to find the 2391 of much use,at least or until they had years of extensive on the job experience and an above average knowledge of various installations

Test and inspection requires more than classroom capability I'm afraid

Reply to Inspection and testing 2394 & 5 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back