Discuss Max Zs for Bill Talisman MCCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Happy Friday!

Could someone please point me in the right direction, I’m after the Max Zs for a Bill Talisman TLF633 63A MCCB, I’ve looked in the BBB but to no avail on the Max Zs tables. I’ve also looked on our Cert software as they have a Max Zs app but the MCCB category doesn’t include Bill. I’m sure Bill is now MEM/Eaton, I just can’t tally up any MEM/Eaton MCCB’s with the one I’m looking for.

It’s the only part of my MW Cert I’ve got left to fill in.

Many thanks for any help.

Try contacting Eaton for the data.

Unlike MCB that have well-defined characteristics via the B/C/D-curve aspect, MCCB are a law unto themselves and some are adjustable so those setting need taken in to consideration as well.

Typically they are a bit like D-curve MCB (high magnetic trip point), but as above the only definitive answer is to get the specific model's data.

As far as I can tell they are the same as the memshield 2 F frame MCCBs
Bill had been taken over by MEM at that point and so their products were identical apart from the printing on the front (much like the MG/Square D situation)

This is a screenshot of the relevant page of the datasheet.

Screenshot_20230804_162235_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Try contacting Eaton for the data.

Unlike MCB that have well-defined characteristics via the B/C/D-curve aspect, MCCB are a law unto themselves and some are adjustable so those setting need taken in to consideration as well.

Typically they are a bit like D-curve MCB (high magnetic trip point), but as above the only definitive answer is to get the specific model's data.
I will definitely contact Eaton, I did send an email to our wholesalers to see if they knew or could contact Eaton for us. Hopefully I'll have a reply come Monday/Tuesday.

The MCCB that feeds the isolator is just a standard one with just a push to trip button. All the others in the panel board have the adjustable dials ranging from 80A to 160A.

Thank you for the reply.

As far as I can tell they are the same as the memshield 2 F frame MCCBs
Bill had been taken over by MEM at that point and so their products were identical apart from the printing on the front (much like the MG/Square D situation)

This is a screenshot of the relevant page of the datasheet.

View attachment 109781

Thank you very much Dave! I really appreciate it.

I'm going to print those sheets and file them in our office because I'm pretty sure they'll come in handy in the future as we have two big panel boards made by Bill Talisman.

Thanks again.

Reply to Max Zs for Bill Talisman MCCB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net