Currently reading:
Meter installer won't work on my supply

Discuss Meter installer won't work on my supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

aturneruk

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all -- full disclosure I am a 'DIY-er' but wanted to post here for greater visibility seeing as I certainly won't be doing this work myself...

I'm in the early stages of getting my house rewired (estimates) and during one initial visit, the electrician pointed out that I would need a way to isolate my incoming supply as there is currently no way to isolate the meter tails. They suggested booking a smart meter appointment and the meter installer to fit a 2-pole isolator at the same time. My house has 2 consumer units which are both fed from the henley blocks at the bottom of the picture.

IMG20230808230324-min.jpg

Meter installer visited, but stopped work due to an "asbestos back board" before starting anything. Admittedly I'm not an expert but it looks very wooden to me..! Either way, better safe than sorry and so they stopped work and reported it to the DNO (NGED/ex. WPD). However, fast forward nearly 3 weeks and NGED don't have anything on their records for my property and yet my supplier are insisting that the report has been sent to them. So far I've been working on the basis that my relationship is with my supplier and not the DNO, so haven't directly asked them to do anything (yet). I'm also a bit reticent to do that in case they charge, which I'm not opposed to, but at the same time would like to avoid it if possible.

Feels like I'm stuck in limbo with no way to get this moving for the incoming supply to be in a state where an electrician can work on it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can actually do?

Reply to Meter installer won't work on my supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock