Currently reading:
meter tails who owns what

Discuss meter tails who owns what in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
The meter tails from meter to consumer unit are the property of the homeowner, but what if the supplier have fitted an isolation switch, does the homeowner own from switch to CU and supplier from switch back?

from the old houses i'v worked in most meters have a brass screw through the middle with a seal running through it, i know if theres an isolator anything coming out the top is our(homeowners). but am now interested as to what everyone else thinks?

Danny

Check out Durham sparks PIR pictures there you will see a notice on a cable head saying "It is dangerous and an OFFENCE to interfere with the apperatus" without breaking seals you cant change tails Get DNO out to fit a DP isolater

Check out Durham sparks PIR pictures there you will see a notice on a cable head saying "It is dangerous and an OFFENCE to interfere with the apperatus" without breaking seals you cant change tails Get DNO out to fit a DP isolater

so to clarify if no isolator and meter is sealed it would make the tails DNO property?

danny

To clarify, the tails from the meter to cu arethe customers. If you need them replacing you need to get your supplier out to install and isolater. Then the tails to the ingoing of the isolater are the suppliers responsibility. Absolute madness if you ask me but it is what it is.

Reply to meter tails who owns what in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock