Search the forum,

Discuss MK rapidfix, GAME CHANGER in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

When used to spur off on a ring in a metal back box... that's 4 x cpc connections... only 3 wago connections available ?? Or is there capacity for the 4th one somewhere ?
Back box is earthed through the mounting screws.
but if you really want a fly lead, you could terminate the extra cpc on the box terminal.

when i google pvc back box, flush, all i can find is patresses or dry line boxes.

I was genuinely surprised to learn that they appear to be used only IN ROI. Normally NI wholesalers keep a selection of what's used in both the UK and ROI, but not in this case. Will get a link for you
someone told me that I was the missing link. felt chuffed till I googled it.

I cant help but be concerned that one of those levers could catch anything when pushing the socket back. Some backboxes are tight with cables coming from multiple directions.

I'm probably just being over cautious

I was genuinely surprised to learn that they appear to be used only IN ROI. Normally NI wholesalers keep a selection of what's used in both the UK and ROI, but not in this case. Will get a link for you
They come in 16mm,25mm,35mm.They are also available with brackets attached to the side for fixing to studwork. CEF do them over here.Or you could go online to "electricalwholesaler.ie".
The price for a 16mm single flush box is 65 cent

Attachments

• IMG_20210816_165819.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 23
Only seen them here in installations from years ago (early 70's maybe), and they weren't great it's a general treat with caution when trying to screw the plate back on. And not aware of any wholesaler that stocks them, CEF certainly don't

Screenshot 2021-08-15 20.49.44.png

I cant help but be concerned that one of those levers could catch anything when pushing the socket back. Some backboxes are tight with cables coming from multiple directions.

I'm probably just being over cautious
The levers are very low profile, I wouldn't expect them to catch anything.

Only seen them here in installations from years ago (early 70's maybe), and they weren't great it's a general treat with caution when trying to screw the plate back on. And not aware of any wholesaler that stocks them, CEF certainly don't

View attachment 88759
CEF in ROI stock them. They told me they can be ordered in UK from other branches. As to their robustness, they are significantly more robust than a drylining box.

Is that a standard backbox or a drying box?
Apologies, they're dry liners. Never read previous convo properly the first time.

I'm fortunate enough to live somewhere where 90% of properties I deal with are stud walls/kit or service-voided so it's very rare I'll use anything other than dry-liners or surface boxes.

Apologies, they're dry liners. Never read previous convo properly the first time.

I'm fortunate enough to live somewhere where 90% of properties I deal with are stud walls/kit or service-voided so it's very rare I'll use anything other than dry-liners or surface boxes.
i'm delighted to inform you that our house (1956 build) does not have a single solitary stud wall, nor any dot and dab crap.

Reply to MK rapidfix, GAME CHANGER in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock