Search the forum,

Discuss motor starter for conveyor in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I`ve actually worked on a few conveyors at work, replaced the pull wire + EM stop unit, was faulty. But yes let me take over. Basically you put the wires where you were trained to put them. That is all. :)

we all have to start somewhere nobody is born knowing all the answers..the lad is asking a question this site is ment to be a friendly place were u can point people in the rite direction knowledge comes with experience and im sure at one stage u were all scratching ur heads looking for the answer..luckily for you someody took a momment to help you out and dint take this pompous attitude

Look quite different to the one I had to replace. I`ll post up a picture of it when back at work.

The ones pictured will trip on slack, shorted or broken wire as well as been pulled.

The pull cable has two wires through it and the last switch in a chain has a diode fitted. If half wave rectified doesn’t come back down the line, either a switch has operated (either slack or pull) or the pull cable has broken. AC coming back shows a short in the system.

A pig to fault find on but as safe as you will get.

Mind you the process monkeys will still find a way to get their fingers in there! I’ve done my fair share of looking for fingers under conveyors.

Last edited by a moderator:
we all have to start somewhere nobody is born knowing all the answers..the lad is asking a question this site is ment to be a friendly place were u can point people in the rite direction knowledge comes with experience and im sure at one stage u were all scratching ur heads looking for the answer..luckily for you someody took a momment to help you out and dint take this pompous attitude

So your telling me I should tell him how to do the job in question, even though he is blatantly not competent in doing it. Not only that but I can't supervise the work he's doing under my instruction, which is what happened when I learnt, I was supervised to make sure I did everything correct. Now say for instance he goes ahead and installes this wrong and kills people. Am I still being pompous in not telling him?

your exactly correct the lad should have spoken to his supervisor and been honest about his ignorance and either been taken off the job or supervised......thats the kind of advice that should have been dished out ...Its important with these young fellas not to make them afraid of asking a question because then we really do have a problem and someone will get hurt

The age-old conundrum for this forum, do we give information and “hang the consequences” or withhold and maybe save someone’s life????

the motor im using rated delta 230v / wye400 v..actually what does it mean?is it a dual voltage? can i supply 230v to this motor? is it sufficient for the wye 400v?..

Hi formach, please read posts 5 & 33 and then have a word with your supervisor. This is more complicated than just wiring up a motor.

formach, where are you based? Where ever it is, you will have safety regulation that you must stick to. We could easily tell you how to conect a starter but with out the safety controls in place, I for one will not.

I hope others will back RoB, Spoon and I in this stance!

formach, where are you based? Where ever it is, you will have safety regulation that you must stick to. We could easily tell you how to conect a starter but with out the safety controls in place, I for one will not.

I hope others will back RoB, Spoon and I in this stance!

Can't see anyone on this Forum taking exception to the stance taken Tony.

The guy has asked his question and he has received his answers in a polite and direct way.

He can't ask for any more, he may not have received the answers that he wanted, but he has got the answers that are right for him.

Reply to motor starter for conveyor in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock