Discuss motor starter for conveyor in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

formach

hello guys...

im now doing motor starter for conveyor..so i decide to use 4 magnetic contactor connected with overload relay each..1 contactor for main supply and i make some looping for other 3 contactor each contactor connected to one conveyor... it is 3 phase and 2 poles overload relay..im having some problem on the on/off switch button..right now if im using push button..so everytime i wanna on the conveyor i have to hold it to make sure its keep running..my problem is my boss want me to use different on/off button which mean 1 button on and 1 button off...so i cant figure out how the connection...plus i add one master switch...how can i make it happen?? i try to google the solution but still cant find any solution...so anyone reading this hope can help me..thank you

Sorry but I agree with Rob. If you don’t have the competence to wire a simple retaining circuit you shouldn’t be undertaking this work. For this reason I will not help with drawings, or the like.
Remember a mistake by you could result in death!

Where in the world are you?

It really isn't as simple as you suggest, you need to be very careful here as there are a raft of statutory documents which apply to industrial situations that could see you in a whole heap of bother should the brown stuff hit the fan.

For that reason, I'm out

Not sure what you are getting at, I was saying its seems rather simple that was all.
The origional question has a simple answer, anyone with even a 5 week course will be able to wire a DOL starter and get it to work. In an industrial environment the same with domestic there are other things to consider that doesn't make the job so simple. Take wiring a conveyor belt in the uk, an emergency stop circuit with pull wires will need to be installed, interlocking with other belts will need to be wired in. There isn't a simple answer without seeing his situation. The comment you made about it being easy to get a contactor to latch being easy is correct, but it might not be safe given certain circumstances, and with the OP not knowing how to wire this up, I was making the assumption that the OP might not be competent in wiring such a system up to be safe.

I suppose it's horses for courses.
I suppose if you have a conveyor moving great big rocks to a rock crushing machine, you'd want as good a safety system as possible.
If it's a conveyor moving small componants across a factory floor, it's not such a big deal.

It's the small conveyors that cause the problems, people take them for granted.

I wouldn't contemplate a conveyor without pull switches.

Tony, perhaps in the sort of work places you've worked in, pull cords are the norm.
Imagine the chaos if you had half a dozen workers picking from a conveyor.
Much better to have an indirect drive which will slip under too much load and push button 'E' stops at each work station.
Courses for horses.

the motor using wye connection...from what i learnt wye connection have neutral wire...so i have to use neutral wire too? because without the neutral wire the conveyor still moving..

why conveyor got thermal control??

Reply to motor starter for conveyor in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net