Search the forum,

Discuss Neweys... in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

They are a good wholesaler and if you spend over £10,000 per month with them you will get good pricing.
The Newlec stuff is reasonably priced, but they are not really geared to the one man band, though they do have a fairly good range.
Since my one moved location the service is poor but that is just local.
Some good bits some bad bits, same as any large wholesaler really.

I am a one man band and I went in my local one in Leicester an I have to say I was so disgusted I walked out. There must have been 8 - 10 people sitting at a desk behind the counter, and a bloke in the counter, none of them acknowledged me even after waiting for nearly 10 mins. Iny local one having been in there once, I have to say I will never in this world use them again.

oh and on the occasions prior to this when getting prices they are the biggest rip off merchants on the planet, only use them if you want totally shafting and enjoy crap service.

i use eddys a lot now and the prices and service is bloody fantastic!

been using them for a couple of years no major issues
then I tried denmans and the quality and price started to be compared and denmans come out on top
and previous post remarked service is not all that and my branch don't have a rep either

I have to agree with previous comments. If you are a big company they are ok but if you are a one man operation they suck. I was waiting at my local branch a few times as previously mentioned and despite there being guys in the office and the warehouse you had to wait for the one guy up front. This is why I now use Holland House everyone in the place is so helpful and knowledgeable you wonder why all wholesalers can't be like that.

ps don't get me started on city. the lets make a price up and charge you £10 more for the same product you bought the day before then deny it until you show them the receipt.

Denmans for me as Newey's pulled out of Cornwall due to lack of support only interested the FM contracts and not the one man bands also no stock,
odd pricing structure on book stuff

Business is business if they see a long term profit in you they will cut their profits to give you a good deal lke any wholesaler.... sell yourself and get a cheeky early deal !

Reply to Neweys... in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock