Discuss NICEIC Inspecter turned up at my house with out appointament. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

wouldn't do that, as they are seen as a "professional body" they could be asking for payment for 50 unexpected visits and the court would just find in their favour, make you pay and hit you with a 5 grand bill for 20 minutes in court, which is where it will end up very quickly if you dont pay.....I would just pay up,get a lawyer to do it for you and state in his letter (recorded) that it is a mere goodwill gesture in relation to a misunderstanding... NICEIC is something that you dont want to be banned from for life, it will end up being one of the must haves and if you dont have it you will end up pushed aside...and out of work..

Ha ha ha. Can't stop laughing. And the other approved full scope scheme operators are... BESCA, BSI, CORGI, ELECSA, NAPIT, OFTEC, STORMA. Yep, NIC is something to be very afraid of. NOT. "End up being one of the must haves". Ha ha. And how does that work then? "And out of work" ha ha. What a load of trollop. The amount of work you have as a fully qualified electrician is directly proportional to how nice you are, how aware you are of price sensitivity and how much time you invest in sensible marketing. Rant rant blah blah.

As far as the dispute goes - write to them objecting ton the invoice, ask for proof of postage and dispute the invoice

Follow their procedures and if all else fails leave
I left NIC 4 years ago and don't miss them, they come across as arrogant and very self centred.

The NICIEC don't make the regs - they just think they do

unfortunatley what ever way you look at it youre gona be out of pocket, on principle dont pay and i cant see you staying with them but its still going to cost money to transfer to napit etc

where flat 3 and the donkey of a post man delivers to flat 5 sometimes do you think this is what happened?

richy3333
Re: NICEIC Inspecter turned up at my house with out appointament.
I receive 2 letters and a call from my assessor for my assessment days. I do agree with the statement about not feeling valued by the NIC though. I wrote to them 8 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

I know one forum member is a NAPIT employee - the NIC should have someone on the forum as well to hear our gripes!

BTW when you think Part P registration is expensive, approved contractor status with the NIC is around £1000 for an application and then annual membership!!​

That is true richy..there is someone here who work for the NIC , and thats me (keeping myself anon)..and im hearing all the agro about us on various forums....in all honesty I think sometimes its what my employer deserve.

Speaking as an employee, I can see how we work and sometimes the arrogance of our rules and regulations(ie late cancellation charges or no reply to emails) Did you email in about your statement on not feeling valued, or letter?

Either way, I bet it would have been ignored un fortunately, a lot of it to do with our workloads, and advice from our managers to 'prioritise' work and leave any quiery letters aside, I was given a talking to by a manager for offering my direct email address to contractors (ie trying to give someone a person to speak to , not an enquiries email )

Theres no real way of us proving that booking letters were received by yourselves either, Its just our arrogance that we just throw invoices out and think we can charge for anything.

Too much red tape and silly procedures to follow in the job which is a disadvantage to the electrician, and one of our mottos ''customer is king'' isnt reflected very well either. Id look for something else but with the current climate, not much around!

Reply to NICEIC Inspecter turned up at my house with out appointament. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net