Discuss No cpc on lighting and no neutral continuity on kitchen ring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I’ll keep you posted on the outcome. I’ll speak to client and hopefully they agree and I’ll change the metal fittings for plastic pendants. Also rectify neutral fault.

I kind of expected to be torn a new one. The assessment is this Saturday. I’ll try and get it sorted this week. Thanks
Nobody has ripped into you Muzza, just explaining the error of your ways, we can't all be perfect, don't take it to heart. Learn by your mistakes, bet you won't do it that way again, so lesson learnt.

Agreed, I take on board all advice Pete. I meant the from the assessor Saturday.
I’ll read the guide shortly Murdoch.

Agreed, I take on board all advice Pete. I meant the from the assessor Saturday.
I’ll read the guide shortly Murdoch.
Worth printing out and explaining to the Assessor what you have learnt, you never know, coming clean sometimes goes in your favour. worth a punt if you ask me.
Please let us know how you get on.

Do the NICEIC use ‘non conformities’? I’m guessing this wouldn’t apply in this case anyhow, would it be more for a lack of paperwork?

Yes, work carried out not in compliance with the regs would be a non conformity.

I understand that Andy but what I meant was would it be an out right fail or are you given the opportunity to rectify with a revisit? Or possibly just photographic proof that the remedials have been done without a revisit? Thanks

I’m gonna hand myself in elsparko. Hangings too good for me.
I understand that Andy but what I meant was would it be an out right fail or are you given the opportunity to rectify with a revisit? Or possibly just photographic proof that the remedials have been done without a revisit? Thanks
youre taken straight to jail after a good seeing to from dale winton

That would be down to the assessor. I would reckon you would be questioned about any serious non conformity related to your work. I also reckon you would have had to have demonstrated high levels of negligence and incompetence to actually fail though.

The way the NICEIC is run these days I would reckon it would be a chargeable re visit for non conformity, it certainly would be for a "fail"

Knowing the NICEIC if its them, then worse case scenario unless the install is really really bad is they will arrange another assessment visit in due course once any issues have been rectified - for another fee of course.
They do like to get you to do your RFC tests though and you could risk it but if they ask you to test that circuit you are up the creek without a paddle. dont try and blag it, you have time before Saturday to sort this but need to get working and to be able to explain to the assessor what you have done and the reasons why. let us all know the outcome.

The job is neat and tidy and meets all other criteri apart from the issues. I’ve actually since spoken to the client and they’re happy for me to sort out Thursday. I’ll keep you posted on how I get on with assessment. Cheers all.

Reply to No cpc on lighting and no neutral continuity on kitchen ring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock