Currently reading:
PAT testing equipment from USA

Discuss PAT testing equipment from USA in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've been asked to DJ a gig, but the venue are insisting that all kit is PAT tested.

I use a pair of CD turntables bought in the USA (cheaper!) and they only work on 110v so I use a couple of cheap 110-230v transformers from Maplin to run them.

45W UK to USA Voltage Convertor : Power Supply Convertors - Traditional : Maplin Electronics

Anyone know if this is likely to cause problems when I get them tested? Not something I've ever thought about before!

Thanks mate.

Yeah, just the turntables and for one night only. The rest of my USA-bought kit is dual voltage so just changed the plugs and treated it the same as anything else.

You can test your kit with the 240v tester without any problems. The PAT tester joins live to neutral automatically, and then insulation resistance tests to earth, so no issues, and no damage.

Cheers..........Howard

PS you can also test 3 phase equipment the same way, but if you make your own adaptor, then make sure you join all the live pins together in the socket.

You can test your kit with the 240v tester without any problems. The PAT tester joins live to neutral automatically, and then insulation resistance tests to earth, so no issues, and no damage.

Cheers..........Howard

So what's he gonna do then. without an earth to test with?? lol!!

Reply to PAT testing equipment from USA in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock