Discuss Plasterer - stealing work from honest sparky in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What was the planned position of the wall?
Who's fault is it really?

Good questions, the location of the partition as determined by client and builder, i turned up after it was built. The joiner had made provision via a large knotch (sp).
I spoke to the builder and mentioned that i would need to move that socket. It was pretty obvious all round.
I then pre-wired all sockets, terminated and left two tails ready to break into ring elsewhere, spoke to client as i was worried that the builders would build a base unit and block in where i was needing to break into ring (existing socket)
Arrange downtime - came back and the good news is that i still had access to the tails but beaten to it by plasterer or whoever told him to regarding the socket move.
I basically needed to do the socket move at the same time as breaking into ring but beaten to it.
Bizarre thing is - no-one has even mentioned it. I emailed client tonight, see what happens

Well, was asked to add 10 sockets to a ring and convert a double to a single to make way for the partition wall. Did all the pre-work, only thing left to do was break into ring and convert the existing socket. Was waiting for client to give me date and time to take the power off (its a 10way SP DB with up front RCD) so it meant no servers, no desktop, no phone system, no lights and no kettle ! -
Anyway plasterer had no such issues to deal with...

Any suggestions..... ones i can articulate professionally to client that is :banghead:

View attachment 13950
whats up with it?...you`v got barriers n enclosures there....:drunk:

whats up with it?...you`v got barriers n enclosures there....:drunk:

Probably a silver lining really as we had a bit of a routine to go through to back the servers up etc, at this time i didn't know what cct was feeding what as there's no reliable labels and the servers could have been on the same ring. I did mention to the client that just one up front rcd is asking for nuisance tripping but the board is an old QOE so not upgradeable really. I suppose i am surprised it hasn't already tripped, he must have used really dryish plaster : lol
Anyway now i know the computers are not on the same ring i can use TQs suggestion and get my hands in the CU and dig out the T&E. Hope its not too much like a rats nest as i'm going to look stupid if i yank out a loose connection ~:-(

Looks like the stud work is protecting the outlet, possibly a bit of muck getting into the Neutral but the shutter might be holding it back...

What a cock...

Reply to Plasterer - stealing work from honest sparky in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock