Discuss POLL - Neutrals at switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

At least 4 of the 'unacceptable' votes came from members with posts on this thread saying that they would take a neutral to the switch in some circumstances so the vote is not even as close as it seems lol!

With nearly a 1000 views on this thread alone and god knows how many views on the closed thread, and less than 100 that bothered to vote, i suggest you couldn't come to any such meaningful conclusion....

In fact most of the posters on both treads have been by the same people that just can't seem to get past it!! Does that mean that there really looking for reassurance, of there views?? Maybe that niggling doubt at the back of there mind forces them to come back time and time again just to make sure ...lol!!! Your all free to do whatever you want to do ....As it's been stated many many times now, that there is nothing in your BRB bible against the practice, ....so carry on in your own sweet way!!!

With nearly a 1000 views on this thread alone and god knows how many views on the closed thread, and less than 100 that bothered to vote, i suggest you couldn't come to any such meaningful conclusion....

In fact most of the posters on both treads have been by the same people that just can't seem to get past it!! Does that mean that there really looking for reassurance, of there views?? Maybe that niggling doubt at the back of there mind forces them to come back time and time again just to make sure ...lol!!! Your all free to do whatever you want to do ....As it's been stated many many times now, that there is nothing in your BRB bible against the practice, ....so carry on in your own sweet way!!!

I'm sure yours is the only relevent view E54.

To ME, yes!! ...but i'm not you or any of the others here. I know what is and what isn't acceptable to myself!! You and the others have to decide for yourselves....

The forum's just full of 'bodger jobbers' and my beloved Arsenal will win the league...

Maybe not this year, but according to my 2 brothers and sister, and virtually the whole of one side of my family, next year for definite!!!
They have been Arsenal fans/supporters since they were out of nappies. ...Maybe even before!! lol!!!

As for the wanna be sarcasm, ....irrelevance rules!!!

How different is it to wiring neutrals at the switch. I am in my apprenticeship and I have been taught the Switched Live method (using the neutral) as switching but my boss doesnt do this and just uses the brown and links them across different gangs. All the neutrals go into a connector block.

Can anyone show me any wiring diagrams where the neutrals are wired at the switch?

I've always wired neutrals at the switches on every shower and cooker I've installed.

Immersions too.

Heating sytem FCUs.

Main switches.

Ive got an extension to wire for Mrs.Miggins.........

Should I 3-plate the 5 up-lighters she wants or should I take the mains to the 2 gang switch?

Thanks in advance.

Smirk.

hi all

another reason i take the live & neutral to the switch, when doing 2 way landing light i take a 3core from bottom of stairs to landing switch using brown and black as strappers an grey for neutral and then take twin from landing switch to light...... wait for it...... i'm probably in for it now!!!! bad practice and all that!

regards
gary

Yip neutrals at switches rule. Easier too alter lighting in ceilings . one wire from one direction to move not three from different directions. No joint boxes in ceilings that you can`t access because of flooring and such like.

Poll ends 11:46 tomorrow morning!!

Current standings:
Acceptable - 98 - 88.29%
Unacceptable - 7 - 6.31%
Undecided - 6 - 5.41%

Reply to POLL - Neutrals at switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net