Discuss Putting light fixture with 2 bulbs on a single bulb ceiling outlet in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

farmerfa

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all. We have a light fixture that has single bulb fixture on ceiling.

I want to change this to a 2 bulb fixture. Is this just as simple as removing the existing fixture and wiring the 3 into the double bulb one?

I see black/red/greenyellow wires currently attached.

Not so good with electrical things and still want to do DIY for simple things like this. Please help. Thank you.

Take a picture before you remove any wiring. Make sure you do safe isolation.

Would be better if you got someone in though, it'd be 50 quid and 10 minutes of their time to do it properly.

And yes, amount of bulbs doesn't matter.

Take a picture before you remove any wiring. Make sure you do safe isolation.

Would be better if you got someone in though, it'd be 50 quid and 10 minutes of their time to do it properly.

And yes, amount of bulbs doesn't matter.
More like 85 Aussie dollars for the OP

Reply to Putting light fixture with 2 bulbs on a single bulb ceiling outlet in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
I made a DIY light fixture by putting some cut-to-size LED strips in an aluminum housing connecting them to a Mean Well DC power supply with a...
Replies
Views
I'm encountering a problem with the lighting in my kitchen. I reside in an apartment that has a light fixture utilizing 2 T8 fluorescent bulbs...
Replies
Views
Ceiling closet light blew out. Checked bulb. Bulb good. Have 120v leaving light switch. Removed fixture. Have 120v at wires in ceiling when switch...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, I've used this forum for advice many times but this is my first time posting so I hope that this community can help! We're...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock