Discuss Short Circuit Line to Neutral where does the current go after the consumer unit? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Short Circuit Line to Neutral where does the Current go after the consumer Unit?

I assume it goes back to the Sub-Station where it is earthed but i'm trying to find this written in a official book etc but finding nothing.

Thanks

Short Circuit Line to Neutral where does the Current go after the consumer Unit?

I assume it goes back to the Sub-Station where it is earthed but i'm trying to find this written in a official book etc but finding nothing.

Thanks
If the short blows the fuse there won't be a problem

Thanks

yes it returns to the substation transformer exactly the same as any other current flowing to neutral, the earthing of the neutral is not relevant to this.

Ok this brings me to my next question......prospective short circuit current is then just

Voltage/Neutral Fault Loop Impedance = Prospective short circuit current ???

yes it returns to the substation transformer exactly the same as any other current flowing to neutral, the earthing of the neutral is not relevant to this.
any idea where I could find this writen in an official source? and maybe some more detail.

Ok this brings me to my next question......prospective short circuit current is then just

Voltage/Neutral Fault Loop Impedance = Prospective short circuit current ???

any idea where I could find this writen in an official source? and maybe some more detail.

Yes PSCC is voltage/line-neutral loop impedance.
An official source? Pretty much any textbook on the basics of electricity will tell you this, current only flows when there is a complete circuit back to the source it originated from.

Last edited:

Reply to Short Circuit Line to Neutral where does the current go after the consumer unit? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net