Currently reading:
Spot what's wrong

Discuss Spot what's wrong in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
For the eagle eyed out there, can you tell me whats wrong with this arrangement and for a bonus point what reg. no. would apply.

The only bit of info you need is that its a TT system. TIMS IPHONE 020914 183.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry had you go do a job.

Right the list of problems I noted were and you cant see most of then:

No neutral link between main switch and neutral bar therefore only single pole isolation on a TT system.
No grommet/ bush/gland for incoming tails therefore a RCD required as main switch or before board. If glanded correctly then RCD not needed as the meter is below
All lighting circuits have no cpc with metal switches and lights in use. Even through the cable entering the board has cpc. Under the board theres a piece of 2x2 plastic trunking stuffed full of the old cables all thro crimped to extend into new board. The old cable has no cpc but new cable does.
No testing was done before or after the install.
No labels except RCD warning (I no some of you dont like labels but its in the book)
No circuit chart

Someone made a note re ring circuits but all circuits do have RCBO's but in picture you cant see the left hand side fully.

Take a stab at how much he was charged and any thoughts on the reg no yet.

Reply to Spot what's wrong in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back