Currently reading:
Stopping at traffic lights

Discuss Stopping at traffic lights in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

What if everyone does it , how long will the traffic ques be ?
(blocked at a roundabout today -by selfish drivers hogging lanes .)
To get fuel from their beloved supermarket .Saw mayhem ,went the other way. (big gap infront- expect something dodgy-change mind)

if you are first in line though shirley just nudge forward a bit regardless of leaving a car space or not, if someone is about to smash into my car from behind id take my chances going over the white line a bit and onto the pavement.
Shirley not Mate, that's Shirley the wrong move:D:rolleyes:o_O

When I worked in the Elect.Supply Industry in an effort to reduce the amount of smashed company vans they decided that if you had a crash when driving at work they would put you on a defensive driving course .It was given by an ex cop driving instructor and he told us to leave a car length in front of us when stopping at traffic lights or queues . The reason was to allow you room and a chance to escape or move forward if someone from behind cant stop in time, usually you hear tyres screeching before they decide to flatten the rear of your vehicle. I don't usually leave a car length space but I do leave a decent space and I have saved myself from being shunted on at least one occasion by doing this . It is well worth trying especially if you find yourself getting caught in a motorway queue.
I was always taught "tyres and tarmac" as you need to see both for the safe distance but as we know in large cities you close up the gap to try to help reduce the traffic queues.

Had a van deliberately blocking a clear lane on the motorway in a traffic jam (lane merged further up) so I phoned his company from the number on the van. A few minutes later I saw him answer his phone in the wing mirror and he moved over :p

Had a van deliberately blocking a clear lane on the motorway in a traffic jam (lane merged further up) so I phoned his company from the number on the van. A few minutes later I saw him answer his phone in the wing mirror and he moved over :p
lol reminds me of when i was on a factory re-wire with a total asshat of a foreman, he was new to the company and i had just entered my 3rd year, the boss had obviously left out that i was one of several apprentices who actually took my job seriously

cue foreman asking me to do shitty jobs, which to be honest someone has to do them so i didnt care what jobs i got, but what i will not stand for is being treated like ---- just because im still an apprentice,he thought he could raise his voice to me, he was forced to re-think that

but anyways onto the story, we used to take turns driving the van home everyday, i was doingabout 40 in a 30 zone, a long stretch along the beach where people have been known to reach speeds of over 150mph, this foreman then chirps in "your driving is scaring me", so i let him drive for the next week

on the way home he cut someone up on the dual carriageway and they called in to complain about his dangerous driving LOL

Most of the cars in Scotland are damaged to be honest, most Jocks are so drunk little knocks and bangs are daily occurances lol

Reply to Stopping at traffic lights in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock