Discuss Stroma Assessment - What's it like? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky92

Hi all,

I have my Stroma assesment tomorrow, and I am bricking it lol.

I have my calibration certificate, qualification, regs book, on site guide, electricity at work (pdf on my phone), passport photos and cv. Is there anything else I need?

What's the assesment like and what do they as you to do?

Cheers

PL Insurance
example quotes or estimates & invoices
completed certificates
tester to hand

make sure the site you are going to is expecting you......

What Murdoch said ☝️

I had a Health & Safety Policy and Risk Assessment (not sure I needed it).
I needed a Complaints Procedure, I found out during the interview.
These things can be sent by email following the interview, just ask him before he leaves if there is any thing else required because it may not always be asked for?

Other things I remember -
2 pole voltage tester, prover, lock and tag. Get them out and use them to demo safe isolation procedure during testing.
Testing will likely include ring and RCD/RCBO.
Remember to do tests in the correct order, start with proving continuity of protective conductors. I used wander lead to confirm the DNO means of earthing was in fact connected to the CU and bonding to water/gas. Then went onto the circuit to be tested. Tell him what you are doing and what it will show.

@Taylortwocities you may want to ask that tomorrow as the last time he was online was 3.21am - bless him, I think he was getting some last minute prep in! It will have been in his favour. I've all this to come so fair play to him.

Alright lads.

I passed.

It went well the bloke asked me loads of questions regarding zones, earth fault path etc. He wanted to see risk assessment for job, trst cert and complaints procedure etc and he said just keep a log of it and keep it up to date as they will want to see it all on renewal.

I had to do a zs on the ring I installed and a rcd test. It all went well just waiting for my login details now.

Reply to Stroma Assessment - What's it like? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net