Discuss Trade pics for your enjoyment. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did this for a good friend of mine, a carpenter, on a purely materials at cost basis. New (small) workshop, converted out-house. "I want it bright," he said. Took about a day and a half. Great fun. :)

Realised after I'd done first fix that I needed to put banjos on (to earth) the short 1 foot sections of conduit between the light fittings, which are plastic. No bother - at least I hadn't drawn the cables in at that point. :)

nick_workshop_1.jpgnick_workshop_2.jpgnick_workshop_3.jpg

I know we've all been in these uncomfortable positions....

Had to rewire a lighting circuit in a Chalet bungalow this week..
Tiled bathroom floor above the dinning room light, and the hallway and lounge switch drop had no access above.
Managed to cut two tiles out along their grout line and squeeze in the hole.

Bathroom is getting redone next year but i managed to patch the hole up with some batten and ply and stuck the tiles back with just grab adhesive.
IMG-20190712-WA0008.jpg

Nothing as lavish as the spectacular Sintra job but here's my little effort from today, a nice little job wiring out a new [replacement] detached garage. We reused the existing 10mm 2 core SWA supply and the 6mm earth in the board may not have been that colour originally, didn't have any in the van so you sometimes have to improvise... :)

Trainee question & probably a silly question but can you explain by any chance what is happening there with the Wago connectors? not sure I have seen that method before in a CU.

I know we've all been in these uncomfortable positions....

Had to rewire a lighting circuit in a Chalet bungalow this week..
Tiled bathroom floor above the dinning room light, and the hallway and lounge switch drop had no access above.
Managed to cut two tiles out along their grout line and squeeze in the hole.

Bathroom is getting redone next year but i managed to patch the hole up with some batten and ply and stuck the tiles back with just grab adhesive.
View attachment 50727
HERE'S JOHNNY!

i'd have got stuck in a hole that size, fire brigade would have to free me.

Trainee question & probably a silly question but can you explain by any chance what is happening there with the Wago connectors? not sure I have seen that method before in a CU.
The T&E going out the bottom will be a switch drop. The red-sleeved black conductor is the switched live. The Wago links this to the (red conductor of the) T&E going up from the top of the DB, to the light.

Certainly mate, because the CU was in a position almost central between the 2 x 2 way light switches I ran a 3 core and cpc to each switch back to the CU and the same with the T&E looping to the 4 lights. So at the board you connect one 2 way common to the MCB, the other common to the lights line conductor then the 2 x 'L1s' and 'L2s' simply connect together in the CU , it's an old method often used with junction boxes - I hope it makes sense ! :)

Shipping container being used as small catering concern at the docks in Bristol. The other pic is the supply in the access aisle behind the unit.

That's a posh container. I take it they're loving the conduit theme. Bonding nipples are good for flex retention out of spout lids I have found.

I take it they're loving the conduit theme
It is part of what they call Cargo a conglomeration of containers in Bristol docks and most of the units wanted this look for the industrial connotations. It did give me a wry smile when some younger sparks started in a three container concern in galv. and could not complete it as they just could not do it. i.e. they could not feed their wires due to using 90 degree bends and trying to pull too many wires in instead of bending all their corners, so they advised the client they would have to do it in plastic conduit instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Trade pics for your enjoyment. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net