Discuss Trade pics for your enjoyment. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I did think about putting a loop of all round band on, maybe next time I'm there.
Reason I didn't is that the CU entry is through a tails compression gland, and the isolator also has a cable clamp inside. Once it gets full of junk under there though they could get dragged about.

Could you not have feed them up via the trunking , negating any need for the side entry gland

Could you not have feed them up via the trunking , negating any need for the side entry gland and having tails on show
Yes I could have done with a bit of forethought. The isolator and tails went in first for a temp supply though, plus the trunking was quite busy by the end of it.

Yes I could have done with a bit of forethought. The isolator and tails went in first for a temp supply though, plus the trunking was quite busy by the end of it.

Blooming net job thou , if I see a neat consumer unit then I automatically feel confident the rest of the job will be done to a good standard

Got them from here last time. Best price I could find without paying premium prices on "vintage lighting suppliers" websites.

My wholesaler clearly hasn't twigged they're all like popular and vintage...

Trade pics for your enjoyment. Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 23.22.16 - EletriciansForums.net

Shhhh, don't tell 'im! ;)

Needs some blanks at the far left. And the mainswitch is on too!! Living dangerous there.

Who stocks this brand? I thought 20 quid was good price for an rcbo (CEF proteus)

Bloody show off.!
Nice job, you should be proud of that.

Needs some blanks at the far left. And the mainswitch is on too!! Living dangerous there.

Who stocks this brand? I thought 20 quid was good price for an rcbo (CEF proteus)

The blanks are on the front cover, yes the mainswitch is on but the external isolator in the meter box wasn't at the time of the picture being taken. :p
I get the boards from a local independent wholesaler.

£20. i get BG compact RCBOs (same size as an MCB, no earth lead) for £15.60 inc. vat.

Reply to Trade pics for your enjoyment. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock