Discuss Veto Pro Pac Tech LC or Tech XL in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I’m gonna bite the bullet and get a Veto Pro Pac after going through my 3rd CK Magma in 3 years and I’ve narrowed my choices down to the Tech LC and Tech XL.

Did any of you get the Tech LC and wished you got the Tech XL instead?

Any feedback would be great.

I have the tech XL and absolutely love it.

IIRC the smaller one struggles with finding space for things like hammers and hacksaws.

Looking at the tech xl myself, especially with their promo at the moment, the extra bag looks a real handy feeder bag that you can hang on things with the clippable handle, i see folks with the veto bags at 5 year old and ive gone through 2x dewalt tote bags in 3 years need a new one soon.

I own tech XL it is not the cheapest bag , but is worth the money. I don't nock the tech LC version, but you will need another bag with it , is little on the smaller side.

I have a Tech LC, due to take some photos of the contents/loading soon. It's a great bag freg is right that it won't fit most hammers - I want to try a wiha one in it. I did think that maybe I should have gone larger, but the current bag is heavy enough fully loaded and I'm not really missing anything.

Not sure what you class brute.? It is big bag and yes is not light bag ether. If you are small statue person I will go with tech LC and tp4b next to it . tp5b is not the small pouch to ( I have one spare )in the picture is tp5b.
depends what you doing maybe veto pro pac TP-XL will be good for you ?

Attachments

• IMG_2894.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 23
Hi Sparky16, have you considered the backpack?
It’s prob one of the best tool purchases I’ve ever made! Very nice to work out of and keeps both hand free for carrying power tools

initially I was going to go for the Tech MCT but from looking on YouTube all the ones I’ve seen look rammed with tools.
[automerge]1586863615[/automerge]
Not sure what you class brute.? It is big bag and yes is not light bag ether. If you are small statue person I will go with tech LC and tp4b next to it . tp5b is not the small pouch to ( I have one spare )in the picture is tp5b.
depends what you doing maybe veto pro pac TP-XL will be good for you ?

my CK magma technician bag is quiet a brute with the amount of tools in it and looking at the dimensions the Tech XL is bigger than the CK one and the LC is there abouts the same.

Last edited:
initially I was going to go for the Tech MCT but from looking on YouTube all the ones I’ve seen look rammed with tools.
[automerge]1586863615[/automerge]

my CK magma technician bag is quiet a brute with the amount of tools in it and looking at the dimensions the Tech XL is bigger than the CK one and the LC is there abouts the same.
how long do you own CK magma technician bag? MY lasted 1 year, my colleagues lasted about 6 months, another ones I have seen zippers don't close... not sure it can compere to veto bags. sorry

I’ve the tech XL and it’s rammed with tools but that’s just me. I recently bought the rucksack as with the weight it’s better evenly spread rather than me tipping to one side all the time!

Hi, I’m gonna bite the bullet and get a Veto Pro Pac after going through my 3rd CK Magma in 3 years and I’ve narrowed my choices down to the Tech LC and Tech XL.

Did any of you get the Tech LC and wished you got the Tech XL instead?

Any feedback would be great.

As on outside bet you could consider the following. I have had the 30" version for nearly two years now and it is still in really good condition. It's a very versatile system too with loads of options to customise it to suit bigger tools and boxes etc etc..

I do like the veto gear but feel most of their options lack space for bigger tools such as drills, site lights and boxes for screws, clips etc etc. Plus the cost is exorbitant. I don't mind paying for quality - I actually prefer to - but with veto there is too many small upright pockets on my view.

You can get parts bags as well.
I have 5 they clip on to the bags.
Drywall fixings, selection of wagos, screws and plugs, whatever I need really.
It works really well for me but everyone is different.

I have taken a few pictures of my Veto pro pac XL for you @sparky16 , it's not the tech version but it will give you an idea of size and weight.
The only embarrassing thing is that I have now seen that @ferg has put pics up and his bag is far shinier and well kept than mine (bet he tidied it up for the picture :D ).

With all the tools in it weighed 12.5kg which I find perfectly acceptable. I am very careful when lifting and do not over lift even though I am exceptionally strong and muscular (see attached photo), obviously that was a joke.

I am very pleased I went for this size and not a smaller bag. I think your mind sees 'XL' and thinks it may be too big, it's not, it's the perfect size.

I must have had it almost 2 years and nothing is broken or worn. The main zip is occasionally stiff but that is down to me not looking after it as per the MI.

I remember when I first got it and I would admire all the neatly placed tools in it!

me.veto XL.jpg vetoXLside1.jpg VetoXLside2.jpg

I have taken a few pictures of my Veto pro pac XL for you @sparky16 , it's not the tech version but it will give you an idea of size and weight.
The only embarrassing thing is that I have now seen that @ferg has put pics up and his bag is far shinier and well kept than mine (bet he tidied it up for the picture :D ).

With all the tools in it weighed 12.5kg which I find perfectly acceptable. I am very careful when lifting and do not over lift even though I am exceptionally strong and muscular (see attached photo), obviously that was a joke.

I am very pleased I went for this size and not a smaller bag. I think your mind sees 'XL' and thinks it may be too big, it's not, it's the perfect size.

I must have had it almost 2 years and nothing is broken or worn. The main zip is occasionally stiff but that is down to me not looking after it as per the MI.

I remember when I first got it and I would admire all the neatly placed tools in it!

View attachment 57389 View attachment 57390 View attachment 57391
Rather Sadly I didn't tidy it for the pictures. :)

I had been using a tote for years and got so fed up trying to find stuff I'd just thrown in it I deliberately bought bags with zero chucking stuff in space.
I have parts bags for bits and pieces.
It might seem like an extravagance but the difference it makes to my working day is not to be sniffed at.

View attachment 57389 View attachment 57390 View attachment 57391

that looks the perfect size for me too...thanks for the photos

Reply to Veto Pro Pac Tech LC or Tech XL in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net