Discuss What is the BS number of the DNOs cutout fuse? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

spud1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi,

Is the DNOs cutout fuse still a BS1361 type II fuse or has this number now changed to BS88-3 ? (For the purposes of entering particulars onto certification)

Thanks in advance

Obviously I haven't pulled it out!
We can never tell exactly what is fitted because of the seals, so my question is thus; what do I enter on the Characteristics of the primary over current protective device? Has the the designation BS1361 type II fuse been super seeded by a BS88-3?

Write what it says on the fuse holder BS 1361 type whatever a or b we can’t be second guessing what might be inside but you can call the DNO for supply characteristics and type of fuse installed if you want to waste an hour on phone calls

Are you not a member of a scam? Some suppliers will let scheme members pull the fuse....

Love it, more clear cut guidance from the electrical hive mind.

I'm in the "what's on the carrier goes on the form" camp but see the the other paint of view.

Now I'm off to find my tweezers, I've got a splinter in my arse.

If anyone finds a definitive answer the please PM me:)

Love it, more clear cut guidance from the electrical hive mind.

I'm in the "what's on the carrier goes on the form" camp but see the the other paint of view.

Now I'm off to find my tweezers, I've got a splinter in my arse.

If anyone finds a definitive answer the please PM me:)
What is the BS number of the DNOs cutout fuse? upload_2019-4-30_17-50-22 - EletriciansForums.net

When I had the opportunity to exam the fuse, I'd record that, otherwise it would be what was documented on the fuse carrier label. Without that supplied information, I'd put the N/V etc thing.

I tend to record the information as "labelled as" and then specify what is on the carrier. I try and provide as much reasonable information as I feel is useful.
However NV would be the most appropriate designation even though it is less informative.

If the fuse in the carrier has not been replaced in the last six years then it is going to be BS1361, if it has been replaced then it could be BS1361 but, certainly in the last few years, it should be BS88-3.
The standard designation does not change for a specific item over time but the standard may be withdrawn or superseded. e.g. isolators to BS5419 are still isolators to BS5419 even though a modern isolator would be BSEN60947-3.

might say 80A BS 1361 on the carrier, but for all we know it could be a 3" nail with the head cut off inside.

Reply to What is the BS number of the DNOs cutout fuse? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock