Discuss What is the legal definition of an electrician? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What are you rabbiting on about Ant? Tel is top poster and Charlie is number two, get your facts right Mate. I was trying to be polite but it didn't work I'll be obnoxious to you from now on, so beware for some abuse, you have been warned, I have a certain set of skills, I will find you and I will scathe you, nowhere to hide, damage has been don no turning back now, war is inevitable, watch your back.

Why is Pete saying everything twice it must be the mention of Part P that he brought into the conversation.
now wonder he is the top poster of the month every post is a double whammy.
No you raised the question Ant by asking the question in the first place, think before you post.

You can't go round saying people are a number two mate... :)
OK he is second to TEL, or he is one below Tel and Tel is in first place so he is number 2, sorry second

You brought the subject up in post 65 and by the time you have been having a dig with all your posts you will be top poster by then.:p
Whoopee Number one. not Number two. Have a dig at Tel he is a couple of hundred more than me, not that I'm bothered unlike you Ant you seem obsessed if I may add.

Last edited:
True electricians are underpaid,consultants, design ,I & T,the list is endless,you only get better by experience & age.

The BS7671 says competent person- A person who posses sufficient technical knowledge, relevant practical skills and experience for the nature of the electrical work undertaken and is able at all times to prevent danger and, where appropriate, injury to him/ herself and others.

To me that reads there is no such thing because one person wouldn't be able to be all of the above for every aspect of electrical work.

We all have our fields which we are comfortable to work in, so we usually just stick to them. See the thread earlier about becoming a panel wirer as a example, someone confident in house bashing but has prospects else where, but uncertain what it involves.

see I read that differently , it says for the nature of the work undertaken .….it does not say all aspects of electrical work ….just to be able to carry out the work safely and compitantly without causing danger to yourself or others

The BS7671 says competent person- A person who posses sufficient technical knowledge, relevant practical skills and experience for the nature of the electrical work undertaken and is able at all times to prevent danger and, where appropriate, injury to him/ herself and others.

To me that reads there is no such thing because one person wouldn't be able to be all of the above for every aspect of electrical work.

We all have our fields which we are comfortable to work in, so we usually just stick to them. See the thread earlier about becoming a panel wirer as a example, someone confident in house bashing but has prospects else where, but uncertain what it involves.

see I read that differently , it says for the nature of the work undertaken .….it does not say all aspects of electrical work ….just to be able to carry out the work safely and compitantly without causing danger to yourself or others

It took you over 2 months to think of that?
Mind you, the whole thread is over 5 years old..:eek:

I suppose you could say an electrician is someone who has paid 4k and gone on a 5 week course, that person took a 60 question A,B,C or D multi choice and got more than 40 questions correct, they then joined Napit and paid their 400 notes and got approval to enter properties in the United Kingdom to undertake electrical installation work and therefore are qualified bonafide electricians :earmuffs:
In America the test is 100 questions A-B-C-D multiple choice and you have 6 hours and get at least 75 correct. Once you pass that you are by the state a qualified electrician. Having said that we have a lot of different type of license from low voltage (24vac) to master

Beg to differ Plonker3 the term “Competent” has been removed and replaced with “Skilled Person,(Electrically)” Definitions

This is a bad subject in my opinion, I have done an advanced electrical engineering apprenticeship. City and guilds 2360.2391.2400, cert c. Then an hnd in electrical engineering, then some one who has been on a fast track (boil in a bag) course gets the same title... With an NVQ....
C&G 2360 was good, everything since was watered down!

Reply to What is the legal definition of an electrician? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock