Currently reading:
what would you do try this one, outside supply, enjoy!!!

Discuss what would you do try this one, outside supply, enjoy!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

isitnow

Hi guys just need some ideas on something,
basically my mother had a kitchen fitted and the db is situated in a cupboard in the center of the kitchen in a cupboard recessed into the downstairs toilet in the utility room which is now sort of a second kitchen, basically cable access is a bi*ch. after having the work done and painting the walls and putting a new carpet upstairs shes now decided to put a shed at the back of the garden (big shed 1+1/2" thick wood walls .....) and she wants lights and a socket out ther simple 2 way board no prob....

But the issue is without destroying something to get cable access or cleating a swa through her kitchen im stuck on how to get the supply out there. The builders spark that wired the new utility room /kitchen has put another small ring main in there, there is a socket that backs off to the garden so i thought as she wanted a socket at the other end of the garden aswell is to fit a weatherproof socket back to back with the inside socket on the small ring and make that part of the ring and also make (inside) a double pole fused connection unit part of the ring and use the cable access for the outside socket for the swa which i intend to gland into the bottom of the weather proof socket and put on the load side of the fcu.

Sorry bit of a long one, i know ideally it would be great to have a seperate circuit off the db but like i said its not an option im just trying to do the best practice i can in this situation and obviously tidy.

The outside 2 way board will only have a light and a radial socket (all correctly ip rated for the circumstance) and won't pull that much power so correct fusing at the fcu for the size of the cable. Oh and the small ring i mentioned is on a 30ma rcbo seperate circuit which is ideal.

What would you guys do???

you won't really need a board in the shed. just go straight to the socket outlet, then a 5A FCU for the light.

true thats a thought just an fcu for the light lol funny enough ive actually done that before for my old mans garage dont know why i didnt think of that but regardless what about the supply issue form the ring main off an fcu good idea you think given the situation???

basically all you are doing is adding 1 socket outlet as part of the RFC and another 1 ( shed ) spurred off via FCU. i suggest using 3 core SWA with the 3rd core as cpc. you can then just earth the armour at the house end.

basically all you are doing is adding 1 socket outlet as part of the RFC and another 1 ( shed ) spurred off via FCU. i suggest using 3 core SWA with the 3rd core as cpc. you can then just earth the armour at the house end.

ye that was the plan mate seems to make sense doesnt it? ive managed to get the cable for free off my foreman so all i need to get is an outside socket outlet a pack of glands and the equipment to fit in the large shed, happy days, as far as the supply its adequately protected and aslong as the fuse in the fcu is adequate for the size of the cable then no problems cheers mate

rather than a FCU, you could fit a 16A or 20A MCB in a small din rail enclosure. that would give you a few more amps to play with. assuming you are using 2.5mm SWA that is.

rather than a FCU, you could fit a 16A or 20A MCB in a small din rail enclosure. that would give you a few more amps to play with. assuming you are using 2.5mm SWA that is.

cant do that i have no where to mount the enclosure good idea though like you said extra couple of amps like, yes will be using 3c 2.5mm armoured like, if i remember rightly that can carry 27ampsish?

Reply to what would you do try this one, outside supply, enjoy!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock