Discuss Wheres the most interesting place you worked in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

im currently working for a large contractor on behlaf of south east water, and we are upgrading pumping stations, treatment works and boreholes. Some of the places we areworking in are a testament to victorian engineering. The original lifting beams are still in place, and working. There are original tiles on the walls ect. They really respected the utilities in those days.
The boreholes are often ion the middle of nowhere, and if you listen, you can hear............. nothing. Absoulutely nothing. The scenery is fantasticaly beautiful, and its a pleasure to be working in those areas, even when soaking wet, pulling cables thorugh ducts that havent been touched in 30 odd years.
beats house bashing, or putting tray up in car parks or freezing on a power station build

A house with a 'fully equipped' dungeon in the basement.

Did it look anything like this? :D

Wheres the most interesting place you worked Bed - EletriciansForums.net

Islington and Camden crematorium it was the coldest day of the year a couple of years back snow and everything, we where ontop of the cremators whilst they where in use. The guy popped his head around the door and said don't worry lads it'll warm up soon I've just put another chelsea fan in for ya :D

Had to fault find in a knocking shop about a year back when I worked for another company.
Had the lad with me (just turned 17, never had a GF either) and he was completely oblivious to all of the signs...i.e. gentlemens magazines all over, rack of 'uniforms' in the lounge, curtains stapled round windows (ground floor flat), post it notes with all male names on and 'phone numbers on the table.

But the best was this. Fault was traced to the kitchen tripping RCD and during the investigation he was looking for the isolator for the cooker hood and in the cupboard were boxes and boxes of condoms, no kidding there must have been 100's. He just moved them looking for the isolator. Every other kitchen cupboard was empty.

Fault was duff microwave in kitchen as it happens so we never had to go back, I think he wanted too as well !!!.

Asked him when we got out if he realised where we had been and he just said 'That lady's flat ?', I explained and he just could'nt believe it I laughed so much nearly went off the road !!.

The next day at work he said he'd told his parents about the previous day over dinner !, his mum nearly had a coronary and his old man just said did he find out 'How much' and then I think the fight started.

Cheers,
Lofty.

My stories are not as exciting as most. But when I was working on some of the Army barracks in NI I found it fascinating. Mixing with the young men and women of the British Armed Forces helped me gain an insight into a small part of there working day and I must say that I have nothing but respect for these people who choose to put there lives on the line to ensure that out country is safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
The falkirk wheel visitor center Google it its some feat of engineering i

Had to fault find in a knocking shop about a year back when I worked for another company.
Had the lad with me (just turned 17, never had a GF either) and he was completely oblivious to all of the signs...i.e. gentlemens magazines all over, rack of 'uniforms' in the lounge, curtains stapled round windows (ground floor flat), post it notes with all male names on and 'phone numbers on the table.

But the best was this. Fault was traced to the kitchen tripping RCD and during the investigation he was looking for the isolator for the cooker hood and in the cupboard were boxes and boxes of condoms, no kidding there must have been 100's. He just moved them looking for the isolator. Every other kitchen cupboard was empty.

Fault was duff microwave in kitchen as it happens so we never had to go back, I think he wanted too as well !!!.

Asked him when we got out if he realised where we had been and he just said 'That lady's flat ?', I explained and he just could'nt believe it I laughed so much nearly went off the road !!.

The next day at work he said he'd told his parents about the previous day over dinner !, his mum nearly had a coronary and his old man just said did he find out 'How much' and then I think the fight started.

Cheers,
Lofty.

Little joke for you!

What is the difference between erotic and kinky?
Erotic is using a feather....kinky is using the whole chicken. :D

Copenacre mod underground stores was certainly interesting, maintenance on fan motors.

Peter gabriels recording studio in box was fantastic.

once i was part of a team of sparks working night shifts on an old dept store in Cardiff. We,d heard plenty of ghost stories about the place from security staff and the place was really spooky at nite if you had to walk around on your own with minimal lighting youd swear those manequins were coming to life! Anyway,one time i had to go to the place theyd allowed us to store our gear which was in the basement down the end of a dimly lit corridor.Along the corridor were caged store areas where the store kept loads of old shop fittings ,dummies ect .The hair was bristling on the back of my neck as i made my way towards our stores as i tried to convince myself that theres no such thing as ghsts when a cold draught blew at my side , i turned to look and saw a life sized figure floating towards me! I just turned and ran back to where my mates were working. After taking the inevitable ribbing i agreed to go back down to the basement with two of the lads. As we got to the place we could feel the cold draught,which turned out to be coming from an air vent. And my ghost ? A life sized inflatable father christmas, swaying in the breeze !

Did some armoureds at a gym yesterday. Life has it’s compensation for working on a Saturday. :D:D:D My mate got busted trying to take the same picture because his phone makes the sound of a shutter clicking and the flash went off..…lol

View attachment 4111

Thats, " Ahem".......a **** star.....nudge nudge...what....just saying.....small cirle forms......O Aye...how you know that then??????????......where did he go??? flaming trail along ground...

worked at the MOD Nuclear bunker Underneath "MOD HQ" (actually called Defence Crisis Management Centre "DCMC") or Project Pindar
slept in the Bed Reserved for the PM at the time (Gordon Brown) and tried his shoes on. real hand made Italian leather!
also got to ermm look at certain tunnels and corridors that led to other parts of the Government Whitehall Estate and also a very deep BT tunnel.

couple of things below to help with understanding of the place! best job i had in the Royal Navy and to date EVER!!

The Doomsday Bunker, MoD's secret command centre (including a pine bed for the ‘Principal’) | News

Military citadels under London - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

David Moore: The Last Things

cant tell you any this more than whats already freely available on the net due to official secrets act and national security reasons

Reply to Wheres the most interesting place you worked in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock