Discuss Which Triple Pole ladders in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a set of triple pole ladders. But I’m unsure on size and whether I should look at the fibreglass extension ladders that are available?

A triple extension ladder, you mean?
It really depends on how high you want to go...and how much you want to spend.
Shop around and have a look at some...plenty available.
I do find them handy and much easier to use and store than a long double extension.

If you buy triple pole at least you should be able to isolate 'em.;).

Don't get a triple GRP unless you absolutely need it - they weigh an absolute tonne!! A triple 3.6m aluminium ladder will probably do - anything higher and I would consider alternative access methods.

Don't get a triple GRP unless you absolutely need it - they weigh an absolute tonne!! A triple 3.6m aluminium ladder will probably do - anything higher and I would consider alternative access methods.

I know what you mean. It’s only when we need to fit cctv cameras outside or up high and bell boxes on houses.

Double would be easier if you can. I have a triple aluminium ladder and it's bloody heavy and a nightmare to move while extended compared to the double

Double would be easier if you can. I have a triple aluminium ladder and it's bloody heavy and a nightmare to move while extended compared to the double

The lads in work use triples but a double would probably be okay for what I need it for really. Any recommendations on brands or whether to go for aluminium or fibreglass?

The lads in work use triples but a double would probably be okay for what I need it for really. Any recommendations on brands or whether to go for aluminium or fibreglass?
Fibreglass are probably better. However they are a ridiculous price for a ladder that size so if it was me I'd stick with aluminium

The advantage of a triple is its easier to extend while still standing on the ground.

With a double you will be extending it to full height when half way up it.

I've got a set of the triple "Lyte" ladders from Screwfix many years ago, are light enough to move around easily and solid enough when they're fully extended (not bouncing around whilst going up them!).

I may look for some triple ladders as the fibreglass ones are quite expensive. I will see if I can find any good deals. As I suppose it’s better to have the extra height if needed.

Zarges skymaster are the most popular a frame/triple extension ladder in the entertainment industry, they are quite chunky but are very stable and easy to work on for longer periods.

They look excellent, bit expensive but I suppose you will only need to buy a set once.

Which Zarges would anyone recommend? They seem to have rather a lot to choose from.

Reply to Which Triple Pole ladders in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock