Discuss Working before joining trade association (SELECT/NICEIC) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I am currently employed full time with a medium sized contractor in glasgow, scotland and am aiming to go self employed at some point in the next year. However my 2 preferred trade associations want you to be trading 6 or 12 months before theyll sign you up. The question is how does that work with certifying work in houses and farms when you're not a member? Cause they want to see examples of testing you have done, just a bit confusing. I am fully qualified approved SJIB electrician with 18th edition and decent testing experience so it's not that I cant do it.

I think if you discuss this with either CPS they will work something out for you. Personally I’d go with SELECT if I had my choice again.

Being in Scotland, there may not be a requirement for being a member of a cps as much as there is in England.

Reply to Working before joining trade association (SELECT/NICEIC) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock