Discuss Zanussi Lindo 300 Tumble dryer has power but won't run in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sparky54a

DIY
Reaction score
Hello all,

A newbie to the forum here but looking forward to learning things from you all.

I've got a Zanussi Lindo 300 tumble dryer, Model ZDC8202P. The info label states Type TC09H65HW, Prod No 916 097 379 00, 230-240V, 2800W.

I've done a lot of searches for common faults similar to mine but can't find a similar answer.

Our dryer has power, the lights come on and all of the buttons respond when pressed. However, none of the settings leads to the tumble dryer itself running. I've tried to find the service settings and have found that turning the machine on and then pressing Run+ButtonOnTheLeftOfRun puts the machine into a setting where the lights scroll through every setting. Twice, after entering this 'setting' I could press the option button eight times (I think), down to "Time 30 min". Then, when I turned the machine off and back on again, the machine would run, with the heater running for more than 5 but less than 30 minutes. I.e. the heater works, the drum spins and power is getting through the system. However, the last two times I've tried to access this 'trick' setting, it hasn't worked.

So...

1. Is there any obvious fault that describes my problem?

2. How do I access the Zanussi Lindo service settings?

3. Does anyone have a link to interpreting the Zanussi Lindo light codes and their meanings?

Many thanks in advance for any guidance you may have,
Charlie

Hello all,

A newbie to the forum here but looking forward to learning things from you all.

I've got a Zanussi Lindo 300 tumble dryer, Model ZDC8202P. The info label states Type TC09H65HW, Prod No 916 097 379 00, 230-240V, 2800W.

I've done a lot of searches for common faults similar to mine but can't find a similar answer.

Our dryer has power, the lights come on and all of the buttons respond when pressed. However, none of the settings leads to the tumble dryer itself running. I've tried to find the service settings and have found that turning the machine on and then pressing Run+ButtonOnTheLeftOfRun puts the machine into a setting where the lights scroll through every setting. Twice, after entering this 'setting' I could press the option button eight times (I think), down to "Time 30 min". Then, when I turned the machine off and back on again, the machine would run, with the heater running for more than 5 but less than 30 minutes. I.e. the heater works, the drum spins and power is getting through the system. However, the last two times I've tried to access this 'trick' setting, it hasn't worked.

So...

1. Is there any obvious fault that describes my problem?

2. How do I access the Zanussi Lindo service settings?

3. Does anyone have a link to interpreting the Zanussi Lindo light codes and their meanings?

Many thanks in advance for any guidance you may have,
Charlie

Attachments

• Zanussi Lindo 300 Tumble dryer has power but won't run Zanussi Lindo 300, a.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    Zanussi Lindo 300, a.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Zanussi Lindo 300 Tumble dryer has power but won't run Zanussi Lindo 300, b.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    Zanussi Lindo 300, b.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 2
Stop guessing at this, you could cause a fire.

These “secret” engineers settings are to be used in particular circumstances only.

Call an appliance repair company out please.

Reply to Zanussi Lindo 300 Tumble dryer has power but won't run in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock