Search the forum,

Discuss Abreviated Test Certificates in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Graeme Harrold

Is there a format for an abreviated test certificate covering a periodic for a caravan. Its just that I have 161 to do comprising 1 x ring and 1 x lighting circuit of which I have been asked to complete a 10% check.

Any advice appreciated as the paperwork will take longer than the testing;)

Unfortunatley, I think every certificate has to be based on the information required in the example test certs at the back of the regs book.

Find a PIR certificate that can be edited in Word or something similar, then all you'll have to do is change the results and a few details on each one. Shouldn't take long then at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I had a similar situation last year with seasonal staff accomodation and as you said it,s a hellava size form for 2 or 3 circuits fortunately I only had 5 to do. is the "official " form an absolute requirement or is it acceptable to create a variation as long as the required test are done I personlally do not see a problem I mean does it matter what piece of paper the ink is on, maybe I just have authority issues.:mad: I had a lot of problems with IR tests it seems that damp in the PVC T+E is common :confused:

hii was a tester for four years on a caravan production line. we had a nicec approved test sheet made up. where by all we had to do was insert the test results, name, date + caravan chassis number. everything else was already done on a reprintable sheet.
yeah IR gna be an issue due to damp on the test, as well as modifications, oh there will be lots of them.
another common issue wasthat polystyrene was used as a means of heat insulation, which you know does nasty stuff to upvc.

Last edited:
Just to echo the IR question another problem was when the vans were occupied the staff in them had a habit of daisy chaining extention leads to power everything under the sun, one scenario was, hair dryer, tongs, curlers,iron, 3 phones on charge, cd player, all lights, toaster, kettle,microwave all running at once and the rcd tripped, cos the 3 sharing were all on the same shift and getting ready for work, the installation just could not hadle it with poor IR
Mac

Is there a format for an abreviated test certificate covering a periodic for a caravan. Its just that I have 161 to do comprising 1 x ring and 1 x lighting circuit of which I have been asked to complete a 10% check.

Any advice appreciated as the paperwork will take longer than the testing;)

AFAIK, as long as they have all the details that are on the model forms in the BRB, then they should be okay.

I had to hand fill in around 175 domestic periodics on the full 6 page NICEIC periodic report pads, so I know where you're coming from. It wasn't a pleasant job, but I got my time to complete them down to 20 minutes each in the end!

Reply to Abreviated Test Certificates in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back