• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Ads ads ads ads! in the Electricians Forums Suggestions area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ads even within the posts now, cutting off actual whole sentences within the posts.

They never seem to go even with Dans tinkering.

I love the forum, it's free, I shouldn't be moaning but I can't understand the crazy plethora and randomness of positioning of some of these inane ads.

Originally I used to click on some as per Dans request, to help the forum. They just steadily get worse though.

Ads even within the posts now, cutting off actual whole sentences within the posts.

They never seem to go even with Dans tinkering.

I love the forum, it's free, I shouldn't be moaning but I can't understand the crazy plethora and randomness of positioning of some of these inane ads.

Originally I used to click on some as per Dans request, to help the forum. They just steadily get worse though.
stop moaning 😂, HI mate, hope your doing okay, glad your still about 👍

Maybe related to ads and tweaks being made to the website, but I've been seeing this code at the top of the page on my mobile, on the Edge browser for a couple of days now:

{ "Version" : "1.2" , "TemplateType" : "Pixel" , "TopLevelAdUnitId" : %esid! , "AdUnitId" : %epid! , "OrderId" : %ebuy! , "LineId" : %eaid! , "CreativeId" : %ecid

Also, one of the orange headings reads - "nav.thtrending"

Maybe related to ads and tweaks being made to the website, but I've been seeing this code at the top of the page on my mobile, on the Edge browser for a couple of days now:

{ "Version" : "1.2" , "TemplateType" : "Pixel" , "TopLevelAdUnitId" : %esid! , "AdUnitId" : %epid! , "OrderId" : %ebuy! , "LineId" : %eaid! , "CreativeId" : %ecid

Also, one of the orange headings reads - "nav.thtrending"
Yep, I've got that at the top of the phone too.

As I keep saying, I'll be messing around with the ads for the coming weeks. :)

I'm super sorry. Right now there aren't any Google ads on the sparky forum but are on tilers and plumbers. Just sorting some other things out with the forums then will come back here and try again with a different setup.

So enjoy while they're all off lol but they'll be coming back. All will see them at first as I configure the usergroups out.

But Google themselves apply some ads and those take longer to configure. But I'll do it don't worry.

Last edited:

Reply to Ads ads ads ads! in the Electricians Forums Suggestions area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Advice

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back