Discuss Certification needed for replacing a light fitting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickiegeorge

EF Member
Do I need to provide a minor works certificate, or any other certificate/test results, if I replace a faulty light fitting which is connected directly to the circuit wiring?
Also, will any tests be required if I change a light which is connected via a 'rock rose' and if I replace a faulty battery in an emergency light fitting?
Thanks

IQ Electrical

Regular EF Member
Well answer to all 3 is no .....................what is a "rock" rose ?? Apart from a flower

Whether you want to issue one, or test the circuit to make sure it is safe ................after your work is down to professionalism
And also limiting your liability to the exact part of the installation that you have worked on.

D

Deleted member 26818

Rock rose is an unfused plug and socket used in commercial lighting systems.
Might actually fall foul of the 30mA RCD requirements?

IQ Electrical

Regular EF Member
Rock rose is an unfused plug and socket used in commercial lighting systems.
Might actually fall foul of the 30mA RCD requirements?
"general use" ?

IQ Electrical

Regular EF Member
Is rock a trade name for them?? They seem to be similar to the click type plug in
It was Ashley originally, used to be a small black 3-pin plug and socket before the 'Click' type rendered them obsolete.

Guitarist

Regular EF Member
Whenever I carry out a like-for-like job, I rarely issue an MWC, but I do test everything I have done fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 63 67.0%
  • Black

Votes: 31 33.0%

Electrician Talk