Discuss Commericial Jobs, Do i need to test? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Im a humble maintenance spark by trade and a little confused by nic eic /napit etc ...am considering doing 2391 ...done 16th in 2000 ....if i get 2391 do i need to inform labc if i do any domestic work and inspect and test myself

Im a humble maintenance spark by trade and a little confused by nic eic /napit etc ...am considering doing 2391 ...done 16th in 2000 ....if i get 2391 do i need to inform labc if i do any domestic work and inspect and test myself

Keith if you are a member of one of the scheme's such as Napit / NICEIC / Elecsa etc for domestic work, the scheme will notify the LABC on your behalf. But only for work that falls under Part P of the Building Regulations. Where it is notifiable.

Being a member of a scheme tends to be an easier and cheaper route if you do a lot of domestic work as the LABC will charge for every job you register with them under Part P.

Here is more info on Part P:

http://www.esc.org.uk/pdfs/safety-in-the-home/PartP.pdf

And a link to a Napit Guide to Part P with jobs that are notifiable

http://www.voltimum.co.uk/news/4016/s/NAPIT-Easy-Guide-to-PART-P.html

You would still give the customer a certificate for the work (i.e. Minor works or Electrical Installation Certificate) and log the job with your chosen scheme.

The scheme will then notify the local LABC for the area so no need for you to do it. The LABC then send to the customer's address additional confirmation that the electrical work undertaken by you complies with Part P of the building Regulations.

Obviously when you join a scheme they will be out to vet you, your qualifications, insurances etc, etc to meet with their criteria. Oh and charge you silly money for the privilege.

Some Scheme's

NAPIT - NAPIT - Home

NICEIC - Welcome to NICEIC, the home of electrical contracting excellence — NICEIC Group

Elecsa - Welcome to ELECSA

Hope this helps.

Warren

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Commericial Jobs, Do i need to test? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock