Currently reading:
Consumer Unit located Remotlly from Supply Cut OUT

Discuss Consumer Unit located Remotlly from Supply Cut OUT in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Some thing I have not really come accross before but I have a Client looking at a renovation of an old Property. For various reasons including Western Power the Clients PME supply may be located in a Garage. However the House will be about 20 metres away from the Garage and the main consumer unit will be located in the house. I am assuming I would connect the Consumer unit as a TT to the garage with an earth rod located at the consumer unit at the house. There are loads of of awkward little things at this job and I dont know why the supply and consumer nit are worrying me

Hello, i know this is old now but for others looking you would need to have a distributors switch after the main meter (where you read the meter) then you would have to have a 80ma fuse then meter tails to your new consumer unit.... location! you would only need to convert to TT system if the board in the garage was seperate to main consumer unit... Although if you dont have the ability to find the information in the regs then maybe you should think of consulting a qualified person! because Building Control would have to notified and they will not like it!!!

Hello, i know this is old now but for others looking you would need to have a distributors switch after the main meter (where you read the meter) then you would have to have a 80ma fuse then meter tails to your new consumer unit.... location! you would only need to convert to TT system if the board in the garage was seperate to main consumer unit... Although if you dont have the ability to find the information in the regs then maybe you should think of consulting a qualified person! because Building Control would have to notified and they will not like it!!!

Here we go again TT this, TT that, ....when are these people going to take the time and learn about the industry they are in??

I don’t think he’s quite got where the service head is or the CU. Typical 6 week wonder, (2 weeks in to his course)!

Still want to know how to run a supply off an 80ma fuse though. There’s a fortune to be made there!

Are you referring to me? and not that I have to explain myself but I have been a director of an electrical contracting firm which over the last 5 years has turned over 2mil a year. So thank you for your insight but I dont need it.

Reply to Consumer Unit located Remotlly from Supply Cut OUT in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock