Discuss Dado trunking opinions? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have used it hundreds of times, the lid falls off if you hold the length up vertically, yet is almost impossible to remove when flat on the wall, cheap rubbish.
? marshal tufflex minitrunking lid doesnt fall off like that, it is hard to pull off sometimes and never had it fall off

mmt2

MMT2WH_1.jpg

Yup marshall is the same, I prefer plastic pipe rather than minitrunking.
what im saying is, if it has been put on properly it doesnt fall off, we use it all the time on door access and not see any lid that has fallen off etc

that was marshal minitrunking

this is centaur

95937.jpg

look at the lip it is different and that cef one is ****

cut a meter off a length of CEF trunking and then hold it vertically, the lid will more than likely slide off, put it on a wall and then try to pull the lid off, it is tight, very tight, I just don't like the stuff and I am afraid I won't be changing my mind about it either :biggrin:

cut a meter off a length of CEF trunking and then hold it vertically, the lid will more than likely slide off, put it on a wall and then try to pull the lid off, it is tight, very tight, I just don't like the stuff and I am afraid I won't be changing my mind about it either :biggrin:
yes thats centaur you dojt like.

you cant put marshal lind on centaur or vice versa, there different.

...surely this thread has got to the "if a tree falls in a forest with nobody there,does it make a sound" ...stage :conehead:

...surely this thread has got to the "if a tree falls in a forest with nobody there,does it make a sound" ...stage :conehead:

To whom it may concern i used the decoduct interplast dado trunking yesterday it was quite good. it comes from united arab emirates

Mate I respect your opinion but have to say I am honestly baffled by your comments and can only assume we are not referring to the same trunking. The centaur I use has a lid which fits perfectly,neither tight nor loose,and I can assure you it will NOT slide if you hold it upright. Because of the lid profile it is the only minitrunking it is possible to form neat,self supporting sets and angles. The lid is tight enough to be secure in use,but easily removed if needed.The older stuff admittedly used to yellow and go brittle,but this was sorted a long time ago.
Here is centaur MT2 which I use,

IMG_4137_1.JPG

side profile

IMG_4138.JPG

top profile

Reply to Dado trunking opinions? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net