Currently reading:
DNO question

Discuss DNO question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Easy enough and possibly very silly question. when moving a supply, if there are 2 sets of 25mm tails in the meter box (one to the CU for the house, second set to a 63A switch fuse supplying an annexe, will the DNO terminate both sets happily enough?

Thanks,

The meter only has one pair of outgoing terminals. I think one set of tails from meter to 2 pole service isolator, then from there to 2 x 100A blocks (Henley) and then out to whatever consumer units
Sorry was in a rush to get down to a curry that had just been delivered earlier. This is supply move into an extension. Currently under the stairs in the house, now has external inset meter box on the extension with board to go on the other side of the wall.

The above quote from littlespark is exactly what I had planned, then through the wall from the external meter box, up in some PVC trunking and into the board and fuse switch. Wiska CU relocation kit to extend the existing from the house, for the time being.

Essentially I guess all I am asking is if I stick 2x 100A henleys in the new meter box, with the 2x pairs of tails in them before the DNO get there to change over from the existing under stairs supply, will they be unhappy that I have mounted said henleys in their box?

Essentially I guess all I am asking is if I stick 2x 100A henleys in the new meter box, with the 2x pairs of tails in them before the DNO get there to change over from the existing under stairs supply, will they be unhappy that I have mounted said henleys in their box
No, as long as you don’t put it anywhere in their way.
Most DNOs make it a condition on the contract with the customer that a sparks is there when they move supply.
SP just leave an isolator and a space and as long as it looks like you have a plan the rest is up to you!

Reply to DNO question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock