Discuss Electrician moving from Hong Kong in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just completed ECCTIS skill map assessment, so stupid that I forgot to provide my apprenticeship cert to ECCTIS, thus the outcome is NVQ2 only. I have just provide my craft cert in EE only.

Attached is ECCTIS's recommendation for me.

Dose anyone know is that mean when i complete all these task, I am eligible to obtain ECS gold card?

Also, NVQ2 means nothing, or useless?

Last but not least, I would like to know where can take single unit of NETK3/01 (Understand Health, Safety and Environmental Considerations) since EAL rejected me to sit in one unit. They asked me to completed whole course"Electrotechnical Qualification"........

thanks a lot

Attachments

• ECCTIS step.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 16
Hi All

I have just completed ECCTIS skill map assessment, so stupid that I forgot to provide my apprenticeship cert to ECCTIS, thus the outcome is NVQ2 only. I have just provide my craft cert in EE only.

Dose anyone know is that mean when i complete all these task, I am eligible to obtain ECS gold card?

Last but not least, I would like to know where can take single unit of NETK3/01 (Understand Health, Safety and Environmental Considerations) since EAL rejected me to sit in one unit. They asked me to completed whole course"Electrotechnical Qualification"........

thanks a lot
I'm not sure about your first question, but yes your NVQ level 2 would need to be level 3. It's not useless, but it won't get you your card. In most situations I have heard of they just demand that you carry out the full apprenticeship rather than try to work out the equivalent to your qualifications due to the amount of differences in practices. However km not sure I'd Hong Kong also follows BS7671, of it does it could give you a significant advantage.

Hi All

thanks a lot
Hi All

thanks a lot

Hi Locomment

I am living in HK and will go to the UK in early 2022, my Ecctis skill mapping has been completed and i am waiting for the letter posted from the UK to HK, at this moment i don't know what they reply me, as i know, no matter your got NVQ 2 or NVQ 3, item 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 also be met before applying for ECS Gold Card:

Qualification requirements
Where non-UK qualifications are held applicants must meet the following criteria:

1) The Ecctis* Electrotechnical Skills Statement
2) The Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Assessment (that includes)
3) BS7671:2018 (18th edition) Requirements for Electrical Installations
4) The level 3 Initial Verification of Electrical Installations
5) The UK Industry Assessment of Occupational Competence (AM2E), provided by National Electrotechnical Training
6) ECS Health, Safety and Environmental Assessment.

Please contact me if you wish to discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electrician moving from Hong Kong in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net