Search the forum,

Discuss first fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning
Just got a 1st fix to do on an extension where the original outside wall is now going to be an internal wall, just wondering what your thoughts are on running my switch drops and rings on the wall, is damp from the brick likely to cause a problem? Plasterer has indicated that he will be fitting insulated boards, will this affect my installation method??

Cheers

its probably going to be insulated plasterboard stuck on to the brickwork with adhesive so conduit may stick out too much if thats the case
find out first

The insulation board being used will probably have at least 25mm of insulation so 20mm conduit will be fine, the plasterer will just cut it away to allow the boards to sit plumb

Reply to first fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock