Search the forum,

Discuss Formula for Zs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steve447

Sat the 17th last night and this question came up, i had a stab at it and i beleive the answer is .....Zs = Ze+R1+R2 however i still cannot find it in the regs book.
Can anyone point me to the reg number
Cheers

If (Zsd) is the decompacted thickness of the sediment and (Zs) is the fully lithified thickness of the sediment package.

dunno what you're on , but can you send me some.

The Big Red Book 612.9 page 160. Does not actually show Zs=Ze =R1=R2. Page 361 Appendix 14 Shows Equation method.
On Site Guide Page 87 10.3.6 shows it all.

Thanks
I see what your saying now about it being in the text of page 361 app 14 , however it still doesnt actually state R1 R2 or Ze on that page.
The question was basically what is the formula for Zs and had 4 different versions of the equation above, so i was frantically looking for that equation to jump out at me and i now know it never would have.

i had the same problem trying to find the equation in the 16th edition.

The question was basically what is the formula for Zs and had 4 different versions of the equation above, so i was frantically looking for that equation to jump out at me and i now know it never would have.

The correct one should have looked something like this.....Zs = Ze+(R1+R2). The brackets are important otherwise it wont add up correctly.

Reply to Formula for Zs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back