Discuss EICR Code - Socket Radial - No CPC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys

Completed an EICR yesterday. One of the Sockets Radials had no CPC so R1+R2 plus Zs could not be not be completed. Does anyone know the Regulation supporting this Code 1/2?

I can see 411.3.1.1 but this relates to Lighting. If anyone could assist Id appreciate it, I know its a fault but just want to refer to the correct reg as support for the Report.

Cheers

Andy

You don't really need to quote a Regulation ADS is not satisfied. When you say no cpc does this mean what you state or there is a cpc but there is no continuity to it. Quoting the correct thing is very important on a technical document.
What Code do you think it warrants.

You don't really need to quote a Regulation ADS is not satisfied. When you say no cpc does this mean what you state or there is a cpc but there is no continuity to it. Quoting the correct thing is very important on a technical document.
What Code do you think it warrants.
There's a CPC but No Continuity to it. Seems to be to all circuits, well the ones I could find anyway as it was a Huge Manor house.

Needs to be investigated further to locate the break. Otherwise worst case decommissioning or rewire the circuit.

I'd say C2. Potentially Dangerous but needs resolving asap

Okay this is where you need to be clear first you say you have no cpc but there is it just has no continuity to it, second you say seems to be all circuits but it is just one circuit. Your report must be factually correct.
I would quote this There is no earth continuity through circuit....... Code 2.

Erm where did I say it seems to be all circuits?

I came on asking for assistance on finding a regulation. There's one for no CPC at lighting as I stated, I mean there's reg pointing to the use of extension leads due to lack of sockets as a C3. I thought there must be one for no CPC or continuity at sockets (which I may say is exactly the same if the CPC continuity has gone)

There just no need to be a pratt about it is there. Manners cost nothing.

I won't ask on here again if I get picked apart by Jobsworths. Thanks Anyway

I came on asking for assistance on finding a regulation. There's one for no CPC at lighting as I stated, I mean there's reg pointing to the use of extension leads due to lack of sockets as a C3. I thought there must be one for no CPC or continuity at sockets (which I may say is exactly the same if the CPC continuity has gone)

As above see #3.

Which Regulation points to no cpc on a lighting circuit?
Which Regulation cites a Code 3 for the lack of sockets and using extension leads?

I have tried to help you by saying your findings in the report need to be technically accurate and clear.

Have to say - I think your attitude simply portrays your professional ability. ANY competent electrician when faced with an o outlet which has no CPC (however or whichever combination has created that) would not be asking how to justify recording that as a danger.

It’s difficult to advise on an electrical issue when some isn’t very conversant with electrical terminology.

Reply to EICR Code - Socket Radial - No CPC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net