Currently reading:
Garden Fence Lighting

Discuss Garden Fence Lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mcknze21

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All,

1st Time Post, wish I knew about such a forum ages ago!!

Anyway, I’m here for some advice on best way to set up some Garden lighting. Predominantly on the perimeter fencing.

Already have a summerhouse in garden which has consumer unit with MCBs for sockets internally and 4x lights on the external of summerhouse and then external sockets on external of house & summerhouse which are spurred of according ring mains.

What would be best/safest way to run lights around wooden fence? Cable choice, etc. my concern was just how weatherproof I’d need make things for rain & even sun. Can these run off existing lighting circuit or do they need independent circuit. I’m not too fussed for a switch for these as I plan to have these fitted with smart bulbs and I can control from app.

Thanks in advance!!

A smart move would be to have the garden's electricity connection separate from the inside of your home on the other side.

Reply to Garden Fence Lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back