Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss garge lighing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andyd55

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Just a quick question to get some expert opinions, installing some lights in my garage, surface mounting cables in 20mm conduit, what cabling is best to run within the conduit, ie 1.5mm twin and earth or can I use individual 1.5mm brown/blue/earth conduit cabling or a mixture of both depending on what I need?

scotsparky

-
Arms
Single cores are better in conduit as they are easier to pull in and there is no issue with bending radius.. If you use twin and earth the bending radius at Boxes and Manufactured Bends is a bit tight if your using Inspection Elbows i thing it is to tight.

A

andyd55

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What size single core should be used 1.5 be sufficient?

G

Guest123

Hi.

1.5 for lighting is fine, on a max of 10A MCB. Although 6A for your requirements is more than enough.

S

Spudnik

And dont forget this work will need notifying to your LABC.;)

K

kung

Agreed ive used 1.5 singles for lighting in conduit very easy to use and you get 1.5 cpc !

Reply to garge lighing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom